Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated Seats.
Evo-king

Heated Seats.

I discovered something last night and this morning about the heated seats.

Only the base of the seat and the lumbar area gets warm.

However, the outsides of my thighs felt cold when the heated seats were on, I then realised that the side squabs don't get heat. This feels really odd.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
28-11-2012 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

RE: Heated Seats.

Yep i have also noticed this

But they get hot hot hot

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
02-12-2012 08:58pm
Tulabb

I noticed this but that's warm enough to warm up my whole body so it didn't matter. I have been putting it on the last 2 days (only collected on fri) for fairly short journeys of around 10 miles. Will this drain my batt?
03-12-2012 12:30am
speary

(28-11-2012 09:38pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I discovered something last night and this morning about the heated seats.

Only the base of the seat and the lumbar area gets warm.

However, the outsides of my thighs felt cold when the heated seats were on, I then realised that the side squabs don't get heat. This feels really odd.

Seems like you need an electric blanket Snigger

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-12-2012 09:49am
Dwwren

Can anyone please give an idea of how long the seats should take to heat, before I report it as a fault? My 2016 autobiography takes fully 10 mins to feel anything. After another 10 mins they need turned down. I'd appreciate if you could all give me an idea of how long yours take. Cheers.
16-02-2017 09:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Do you have "climate" seats or just heated ones? If Climate then it may have something to do with the warm air system warming up but then I think 10 minutes is also quite long. Might be worth getting the dealership to look. The heated seats in the various cars I have had with them have always warmed up pretty quickly.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-02-2017 06:00am
PhilSkill

Mine heat up in a couple of minutes, by 5 mins I've turned down to 1, and by 10 minutes I have to turn it off as too hot.

Maybe newer models they've reduced the heater so it doesn't get so hot that you can't have it on? Or as Tim says different options may work differently.

What year and spec do you have?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-02-2017 10:18am
Dwwren

Thanks for your replies. Yes, they are climate seats, (with massage option). It's difficult to tell if they use warm air or have regular heating elements.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I have climate seats, (with massage option).

Should have said, 2017 Autobiography.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 11:20am by Dwwren.)
17-02-2017 10:35am