Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Haldex- Should it be serviced oil + filter when a new rear diff is fitted??
Bazz

RE: Haldex- Should it be serviced oil + filter when a new rear diff is fitted??

Had a call from dealer about 18:00 -- Guess what? They test drove it after fitting a new pipe -- got the same message Shocked & now they have ordered a NEW TURBOTongue Out

Wont be ready till Tuesday 30th. I have told them about the 2 Wheel Drive Only message now & hopefully they will look at this in the meantime. As a new diff has already been fitted it seems that this problem could be the Haldex unit which JLR still maintain NEVER NEEDS SERVICINGTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

I do not understand the logic of JLR at all.

I think you maybe spot on with your assessment of JLR, we shall see what happens on Tuesday.Rolling EyesRolling Eyes
28-07-2019 10:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bazz

RE: Haldex- Should it be serviced oil + filter when a new rear diff is fitted??

Picked the motor up yesterday new turbo fitted - goes OK, they also did some software update & I seem to be getting better MPG, just under 40 on a short (6 mile) run all 20 - 30 - 40 & a short bit of 50mph. They did not do anything about the 2Wheel Drive Reduced Traction warning because they said they could not find it at all, not even in the history. Bit strange that as I have a photo of same warning which can be timed & dated by the metadata on photo in phone. I think it will be going back in next week.

it was not ready for pick on Monday despite turbo being fitted because they were waiting for 6 prop shaft bolts which they had to fit. Again strange as I don't think you have to remove the prop shaft to fit a turbo or replace an intercooler pipe. I may be wrong if I am I am sure somebody will let me know.
31-07-2019 08:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply