Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Head Rest positioning
Big G

Head Rest positioning

My wife finds the front passenger head rest position awful. The way its designed seems to force her head forward and down. Now she's a normal shape and height. it just seems they are tilted forward and the only option is to higher or lower them - they won't tilt back. Raising the seat or bringing it back just makes the seating position more awkward. Beyond removing it - which defeats the purpose, I can't think of what else to do.

Anyone else have this issue, any ideas ?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
17-08-2012 02:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EvoqueWidow

RE: Head Rest positioning

When we first got our Evoque I found the head rest was pushing my head too far forward while in the passenger seat. I found that reclining the seat a little made some difference and now I don't notice anymore.
17-08-2012 04:50pm
NightFox

Always found the driver's seats in my Disco and RRS did this, they really seemed to force my head and neck forward so anything longer than 90 mins in them started to give me real neck ache. No such issues in my FL2s and none during my Evoque test drives.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
17-08-2012 04:58pm
PhilSkill

I've not noticed, but I like a reclined seat, But i've been told they are pony tail unfriendly on numerous occasions...! It's a shame they cant be tilted.

Probably something to do with the crash tests.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2012 05:00pm
jrowan

My wife (who is 5'1") had the same complaint. We just reversed the headrests, so the front is towards the back, and problem solved. Obviously neck protection in a rear end crash is a concern with doing this, but even with the headrests reversed, the amount of gap between the head and headrest is pretty comparable to other cars.

Jason
San Jose, CA, USA
01-09-2012 09:05pm