Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
jules

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

Had qiute a few rattles with my Evoque most of which have been sorted bar one! Mine has a rattle which sounds like it is coming from the dashboard (drivers side). The best way I can describe it is like a trapped leaf blowing. It only happens when the car is on the motorway and appears around 60mph. Anyone else had this? Its been in four times now for this and they can't find it (they have tried packing the speedo casing which hasnt resolved and sound proofed the whole dashboard).
10-06-2014 09:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Jules there have been reports that the trim on the A pillar can rattle - the exterior trim on some cars has been known to have come loose and the noise of a trapped leaf is how it has been described. There are also some reported rattles on the interior trim on the a pillar

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-06-2014 11:17am
jules

(10-06-2014 11:17am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Jules there have been reports that the trim on the A pillar can rattle - the exterior trim on some cars has been known to have come loose and the noise of a trapped leaf is how it has been described. There are also some reported rattles on the interior trim on the a pillar

Thank you! From what I've read since you posted it does sound like that. Fingers crossed as it bugged me for most of my motorway journey today!
12-06-2014 11:10pm
Rootsboy

Yes I finally got the garage hear to swap out the a pilar's and it fixed the trapped leaf sound.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
12-06-2014 11:41pm
jules

(12-06-2014 11:41pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  Yes I finally got the garage hear to swap out the a pilar's and it fixed the trapped leaf sound.

Thanks everyone for your help. I've checked the external pillar on my car and it's loose. I've let the dealership know so fingers crossed it's resolved. I'll let you know!
13-06-2014 02:12pm
jules

Just thought I'd post an update. I had the external a pillars replaced and the rattle looks to have gone! Many thanks for all your help!
10-07-2014 09:32am
HeartbreakRidge

I have to say I've been primed to hear any rattle with all the forum talk, but so far, not a one! *keeps fingers crossed*

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
10-07-2014 08:18pm
Rootsboy

After repeated trips back to the garage, quite a bit of contact with customer care. And also some help from pete@landrover my car has had all the final noises fixe. It now feels like a high quality car again. The last job was a squeaking clutch peddle. 3 trips to garage to get fixed. Wind noise via driver window trim. About 5 trips to garage. Was originally caused by replacement of trim that was misaligned at factory. Then the garage thought it was the wing mirror and replaced twice. In the end I did my own test with tape and proved it was the trim. It seemed like the garage got forced to do the work by customer care. And now the problem is fixed. Moral is Dont listen to the garage. Contact costumer care if you having problems. Here in Spain my garage is awful and will just lie to you and also customer care if they can get out of doing the work.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
11-07-2014 09:17am
benzina

Had my 3 year service or 70,000km yesterday (only done 49000kms),and only needed the straight service and to change my front brake pads for the first time since new.

I write this report in this particular thread, because lately i have been experiencing a couple of fairly consistant annoying little buzz-rattle-tick sounds coming from both my passenger doors on the left side over high frequency bumps when i'm travelling in silence.
I had long suspected it was either the door seals or window seals, and asked before my service if LD had a special fix for the door seals (even a special lube or something) since i remember people reporting about some updated improvement somewhere.
Luckily, as i was pulling in to the parking lot, i was greeted by the head tech man who had fixed my original rattle (reported early in this thread), and i posed the question to him.
Well to my pleasant surprise he knew exactly what i was talking about, and pointed to the door seals at the top of each window frame being the culprit (see pic below), and that LD had a fix with a new designed seal.
He said they even had them in stock and would replace my old versions with the new ones under warranty.

Very happy to report that the result was amazing!! IT WORKED!! So very happy now, as i have a that solid & silent cabin when cruizing in splendid isolation.

I can recommend anyone with the older Evoque's with original door seals that are making noises, should check with there dealer about the new seals, as it's clearly obvious that these were an issue for LD and they have dealt with it. My dealer had them in stock which is another indicator of how big a problem this was for them.

I love this car, it hasn't needed anything in a year once again,is supremely comfortable, is superbly engaging to drive in Sport mode & AD mode, plus i swear it continues to turn heads everywhere i go.....amazing car!!!

[Image: IMG_0882_zps209ef7ad.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2015 06:01am by benzina.)
07-01-2015 05:55am
bee

(04-05-2012 04:57am)olde Wrote:  Buzz in dashboard, maybe a stray wire?

there is only mee with a buzzLaughing

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
07-01-2015 11:22am