Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
Mag1c_dragon

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Daigriff Yes I had to chase the dealership to check that everything was on track, the Reg Number wasn't volunteered until I prompted for an update. From discussions with them about the Finance, I don't believe they get the VIN until the car is actually on the production line (which is the point they can print out my finance agreements for signing). But as mentioned previously if they have allocated registrations, they must know which chassis its going to match too. I will ask my dealer the same and see what they say.

It is very confusing about why some slip and others don't. I 100% expected mine to, and wasn't holding out for a pre-christmas delivery - but there is still some hope for us - how long until 25th November . . .
12-11-2011 02:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

Just to let you know, my dealer gave us a choice of reg number on the day we ordered so I am not sure that having the reg number has any bearing on where you are up to in terms of build dates...... not sure if I have missed the point or not Wink

Hubby ordered a RRS on the same day so we were supposed to be having consecutive reg numbers, that's if mine makes an appearance before March!!!

Ali Smile
12-11-2011 02:16pm
Red FR

For anyone who is interested while ordering mine, dealer in Shrewsbury this morning had a showroom model available, Coupe SD4 Pure manual with tech pack and a few other options, Orkney Grey.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 04:12pm by Red FR.)
12-11-2011 04:12pm
ED209

(12-11-2011 04:12pm)Red FR Wrote:  For anyone who is interested while ordering mine, dealer in Shrewsbury this morning had a showroom model available, Coupe SD4 Pure manual with tech pack and a few other options, Orkney Grey.

How much wonga?
12-11-2011 05:27pm
Red FR

Sorry didnt have a screen price on it, it was Shukers give em a call and ask for Neil, I dont have any link to the company apart from being a customer.

Gone but not forgotten Fuji White Coupe Pure Tech SD4 manual, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, fog lamps and spare wheel.
12-11-2011 05:46pm
Acwats

For all those xenon lovers I'm sure it has them.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
12-11-2011 11:00pm
mark_n

I won't waste your time by starting a poll as to whether you think the latest date from my dealer has gone backwards or come forwards.

It's moved back, of course, by another week to 26 January, so now a total slip of nearly 13 weeks. Lovely. I've told him that I will now not take delivery of the car until 1 March so that it's a "12", even though it will be on a personal plate.

Edit: The dealer is of course blaming the delay on my decision to change from Indus to Firenze. How did I ever think it would be any different?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2011 11:55am by mark_n.)
14-11-2011 11:48am
alibeau

mark_n

Very sorry to hear of yet another delay for you. I emailed my dealer on Friday for an update, my date remained the same at that point (Jan 12th) but he will be back in touch tomorrow to confirm.

I had secretly hoped that our new Jan dates would be the very worst case scenario and therefore in some cases we may end up with dates being brought forward slightly, seemingly not......

Hang in there Sad

Ali.
14-11-2011 12:44pm
DDX

Has your build/delivery date been put back?

Mark, that's such a lame excuse from your dealer and I would open a case with LR to seek clarity. Bottom line is that you were given a confirmed build date based on original spec. Once your dealer submitted the spec change, order control should have reviewed it and changed it accordingly. At this point, apart from a supply shortage with the paint itself, nothing should make your car slip further. If I were you I would be going absolutely ape sh!t. A 13 week slip is unacceptable.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
14-11-2011 12:49pm
fam1x

(14-11-2011 11:48am)mark_n Wrote:  I won't waste your time by starting a poll as to whether you think the latest date from my dealer has gone backwards or come forwards.

It's moved back, of course, by another week to 26 January, so now a total slip of nearly 13 weeks. Lovely. I've told him that I will now not take delivery of the car until 1 March so that it's a "12", even though it will be on a personal plate.

Edit: The dealer is of course blaming the delay on my decision to change from Indus to Firenze. How did I ever think it would be any different?

Mark what dealer did you order it from? I've had such bad lucky with mine too push to 19th Jan now figures crossed for that too. (lookers battersea are rubbish never go there again).

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
14-11-2011 01:15pm