Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone seen one yet?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Has anyone seen one yet?

The weather for open tops is with us now that summer has arrived (24c and clear blue skies up here in central Scotland) plenty of Audi A3 ragtops, 1 Series and 3 series with the roof open, Mercs and Porsches but not a single Evoque.............. On another forum there is rumour that LR has dropped it.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 07:48pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-06-2016 07:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Has anyone seen one yet?

I did catch one briefly recently, but given where I live may not have been a customer car...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-06-2016 11:28pm
Silverspeed

(01-06-2016 07:47pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The weather for open tops is with us now that summer has arrived (24c and clear blue skies up here in central Scotland) plenty of Audi A3 ragtops, 1 Series and 3 series with the roof open, Mercs and Porsches but not a single Evoque.............. On another forum there is rumour that LR has dropped it.................

My wife's car was ordered in February and we've been told September or October delivery . My dealer has no indication when build of convertibles will start and has just been advised to load the orders on to the system however ours has recently had to be re submitted as a MY17 car .
02-06-2016 10:47pm
Gjh0702

Seen about 6- but I live 25 miles from factory so guess mostly staff cars - very 'Marmite' - personally don't like looks of convertible

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
03-06-2016 07:07am
RacingSnake

I was told that 'earliest' cars will not appear until August at the absolute earliest.

But I decided not to go ahead with my order as my dealer told me they didn't need my business... (used those words).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
08-06-2016 12:06am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

That's nice of them RS, I hope that you will be taking it elsewhere or leaving the marque? Must be nice for them to have so much business.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-06-2016 03:26pm
RacingSnake

I decided to leave it Tim.
I worked myself up so much at trying to 'throw' 60k at them for a less-practical evoque, only to be told that , so I decided to not go elsewhere and not to re-buy in the brand... I sent a message to LR but didn't hear back.

whats annoying is that there isn't a huge amount else out there (at the moment) that takes my fancy Neutral

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 07:54pm by RacingSnake.)
08-06-2016 07:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I know the issue about lack of alternatives. I used to change my cars every 18-24 months, the last car I kept any longer was the TDv8 Sport that I had between 2007 and 2010 and my current Sport is so good that I think it might even stay longer than 3 years. I'm getting a bit concerned about all the fuss made in the press in the last few days about Diesel engines cars and would really like to go down the ZEV route BUT the choice is poor and despite the increases in battery efficiency there is still the concern about range. A friend of my parents recently bought a Renault Zoe which has been a disaster for him as the range even on the las test battery tech is just enough for him to get into town but not to complete the round trip without a full recharge that takes 8 hours............... He can recharge to 80% in an hour or so but the range at 80% isn't enough to get him all the way home. The journey one way is only 16miles but as soon as you start using Aircon or heating the range tumbles. This was a car that he was assured would have "around 90 miles" range on a full charge! Renault claims 140 miles range for the same battery. I guess electric range is becoming as misleading as official MPG figures!

09-06-2016 09:15am
audigex

Had a good look at one yesterday when I took a test drive on the hatchback... good lord, the convertible is ugly.

It loses all the Evoque shape and just looks like something Mussolini would've been driven around in.

Not for me, thanks!

XFullFatTim: I know a couple of people with Tesla Model S's who've been very impressed with the range: one took his from Cheshire, UK, to the south of France: he gets 300+ miles when leaving home with full batteries, then tops up using the fast charge points for an extra ~150-200 miles per 30 minute charge, to do the whole ~1000 miles with 4 or 5 stops, which you'd make anyway if driving that sort of distance. That's not much worse than you'd get with a thirsty petrol car (Focus RS, BMW M5 etc)
08-08-2016 12:02am
Sarcastrix

Seen a couple for sale over here, no one is rushing to them.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
08-08-2016 01:35pm