Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hard ride .. not so much anymore ))
Belvoirbloke

Hard ride .. not so much anymore ))

Drove through the country roads to Newark today, raining, windy and winding, almost single track, the car goes like a dream, I am so glad to discover. The damping is just enough in these conditions to enable you to push on and corners really well.
Also brakes well, as an L plate driver and I discovered on a blind bend.

Maybe the suspension has settled in ? Maybe it's me, either way I’m back loving it. Can relax and enjoy the stunning looks and beautiful interior.
I discovered another clever feature, the rear wiper when operated by the twist mechanism wipes once to the right then after a pause once to the left.

In to Melton on Monday to have the vibrations cured.

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 05:11pm by Belvoirbloke.)
08-06-2012 04:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Hard ride .. not so much anymore ))

The only issue with the rear wiper is if you leave it like that 'in intermittent mode' is that it sweeps too quickly and seems to be clearing a dry rear window, I don't think you can adjust the speed like you can on the front wipers, so I tend just to use the rear wiper manually.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-06-2012 09:01pm
Straydox

Good news! Mine is nearing 2,000 miles and is just over three weeks old now - it's bedded in really well and fuel economy continues to improve and I still haven't found anything that's really annoying either.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
08-06-2012 09:04pm
anton

(08-06-2012 09:01pm)Evo-king Wrote:  The only issue with the rear wiper is if you leave it like that 'in intermittent mode' is that it sweeps too quickly and seems to be clearing a dry rear window, I don't think you can adjust the speed like you can on the front wipers, so I tend just to use the rear wiper manually.

Same as the wiper drags across the rear screen since day one now 10,000 miles in and still the same,car was aquqplaning this morning with all the rain we have had at 40 mph.
08-06-2012 09:25pm
cjfp

(08-06-2012 09:01pm)Evo-king Wrote:  The only issue with the rear wiper is if you leave it like that 'in intermittent mode' is that it sweeps too quickly and seems to be clearing a dry rear window, I don't think you can adjust the speed like you can on the front wipers, so I tend just to use the rear wiper manually.

There is a thread somewhere about the Intermittent Mode of the Rear Wipe being a dealer configurable option but I'm not sure we got to the bottom of what the config bit is (for the rear). Front wiper is a DCO for either vehicle speed or the rain sensors - it then talks about the rear wipe being linked to the vehicle speed and then just says it is a DCO so I don't think we found out whether it is a separate DCO to the front wipers or the same.

Page 46 of the manual.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
09-06-2012 06:51am