Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Handover experiences
Vc

RE: Handover experiences

Great handover today although I was hoping for a 'hide it under the cloth' experience but she was parked outside slap bang in the middle so I couldn't miss her when I arrived Very Happy.

Full and comprehensive explanation of controls etc. mine and partners phone paired, dodgy iPod that only works when connected to mains is working (to my surprise as the 5 R's haven't worked). Another 4x4 voucher as my partner missed out due to illness, flowers, the promise of a teddy when the new stock comes in Very Happy and something special will arrive in the post in the future. Apparently it's not the box that the Aussies have been getting, something much better than that. Just have to wait and see Very Happy

So I am delighted, Lancaster Jaguar in Reading have been fab all the way through Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
20-07-2012 04:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Teetree

Handover experiences

We picked up our 62 plate pure today from williams Manchester after 6.5months of waiting. Was a very short hand over. About half an hour all together. I realised it wasn't going to be a lengthy hand over as I had choices of time slots to choose from each an hour apart. We basically paid our deposit then out to the car to go through the basics then that's pretty much it. We were given the manuals, temp paper work before v5 comes and our freebie was a land rover umbrella an a quarter of a tank of fuel, that's it! I wasn't expecting much as I knew they had lots of handovers today but still they should have made more effort with the freebies considering the cost of the car and the profit they are making today especially after I emailed them to say boot protector , mats etc would be much appreciated. Wishful thinking from me I guess!Smile The car had blemishes on the plastics on the interior and wasn't as clean I'd expect at hand over but we managed to wipe these away with our fingers exempt a couple marks on the headlining that had to be wiped away by the valeter but still left a slight smudge. There was a slight imperfection on a small piece of plastic near the phone buttons on the steering wheel but our salesman said he ll order the part in and have it replaced. Anyway great beautiful car but disappointing handover!

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
01-09-2012 09:57pm
Tulabb

(01-09-2012 09:57pm)Teetree Wrote:  We picked up our 62 plate pure today from williams Manchester after 6.5months of waiting. Was a very short hand over. About half an hour all together. I realised it wasn't going to be a lengthy hand over as I had choices of time slots to choose from each an hour apart. We basically paid our deposit then out to the car to go through the basics then that's pretty much it. We were given the manuals, temp paper work before v5 comes and our freebie was a land rover umbrella an a quarter of a tank of fuel, that's it! I wasn't expecting much as I knew they had lots of handovers today but still they should have made more effort with the freebies considering the cost of the car and the profit they are making today especially after I emailed them to say boot protector , mats etc would be much appreciated. Wishful thinking from me I guess!Smile The car had blemishes on the plastics on the interior and wasn't as clean I'd expect at hand over but we managed to wipe these away with our fingers exempt a couple marks on the headlining that had to be wiped away by the valeter but still left a slight smudge. There was a slight imperfection on a small piece of plastic near the phone buttons on the steering wheel but our salesman said he ll order the part in and have it replaced. Anyway great beautiful car but disappointing handover!

That does sound pretty rubbish...bunch of flowers for the wifey would have been great! I hope we get a brolly!
01-09-2012 10:22pm
IKM

Quite a dismal handover teetree, but at least you now have your car, and pleased for you in that respect. Time LR took control of their dealers and standardised good customer services. All the best with your new Evoque!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 10:24pm by IKM.)
01-09-2012 10:23pm
Teetree

Handover experiences

(01-09-2012 10:23pm)IKM Wrote:  Quite a dismal handover teetree, but at least you now have your car, and pleased for you in that respect. Time LR took control of their dealers and standardised good customer services. All the best with your new Evoque!

Thanks IKM. I picked the evoque up first thing at 9am and glad I did as I've had the whole day enjoying it! Yea crap hand over but like you say Ive got it now and it's great! No rattles (yet!Smile and the rear camera comes on pretty quick when in reverse so no complaints

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
01-09-2012 10:43pm
Griff449

Wondering how my handover will go on Mon then.........

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
01-09-2012 10:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

Hi Teetree, picked mine up from Williams (My second) as well today but at noon. Have to say having already had an Evoque I had already told the sales guy we didn't need to go through the whole handover so wasn't expecting to be there long.

Wasn't originally due to pick mine up until Monday but as i had sold my previous one privately this week they said no problem we will squeeze you in on Saturday instead. I know they didn't have much time to prep mine but it wasn't to bad although I have to admit the inside of the pan roof needed a quick wipe over when I got home.

On inspection at the dealers I found a small chip on the drivers door, not big (about the size of a pin head) but right next to the handle it looks like something lifted the laquer coat,(I had found one similar on my first Evoque just under the driver side mirror so was on the lookout this time) I suspect it wasn't obvious untilled after it was polished so i am not going to hold that against them. I did find a mark on the glove box as well, sales guy and sales manager very apologetic and both will be sorted over the next few weeks (that's the paint and glove box lid, not the sales chap and sales manager) , irritating that they are there and weren't picked up but can't fault the actions of the staff when they were pointed out.

Thought the ride home was much firmer than my previous one so checked tyre pressures when i got home to find they were a little over inflated so will mention that to them as while the chip and mark on the glove box could have been missed because they were trying to get it ready for me earlier than previously arranged the Tyre pressures should really have been checked before driving away.

I've always been treated well by the sales guys at this dealership and didn't have any cause for complaint at all on my first evouque from them which is why I had no issue with ordering from them again. I am wondering if squeezing my pickup date in today instead of Monday as previously arranged lead to a bit too much rushing as they were just finishing the prep as i arrived.

I know the comments above might seem things were less than perfect but. I actually had a really pleasant hand over, the car was generally very well presented, and I know they were really trying to help me out by bringing the pickup date forward at very short notice. I wasn't made to feel rushed and was given opportunity to go through anything I needed to in more detail. In the grand scheme of things the two things that need looking at are very minor and I expect they will be dealt with quite quickly.

Would I use this dealer again ...yes, absolutely, .no question about that as on the whole been more than satisfied with the service and treatment and the staff are always pleasant and friendly and when ever I have had a question or needed some to call me back its always been handled promptly and professionally.

Oh and got a brolly and a LRE voucher .

Cheers

Dave
02-09-2012 12:20am
Vc

I wonder if the kind of handover you get depends on the day you collect? Saturday is going to be a very popular day if you don't want to take a day off work and yesterday in particular with the new reg out. There should be a minimum standard as people's experiences are varying so much, some folks have had awful handovers!

Glad I took the Friday off to collect mine and I'm still waiting for the special gift to arrive in the post!

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
02-09-2012 08:04am
Griff449

I preferred a weekday so they have a chance of sorting a problem there and then as opposed to being informed the body shop or parts were closed.........

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
02-09-2012 09:19am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

My car handover was ages ago back in December last year but I'm still benefitting from the experience; I drove 180 miles up to Guy Salmon in Wakefield to collect my new car and it went very smoothly, the Salesman was excellent and I had no complaints.

I received a LR Experience voucher which I only used recently (http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Luton-Hoo-LR-Experience) and a free Land Rover Mountain Bike which my daughter claimed and enjoys riding. Smile

So, yeah, a good experience overall - albeit I was a bit anxious to get going on my return home trip but can't fault the Salesman for being thorough!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
02-09-2012 10:24am