Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Build Quality
DT

RE: Build Quality

(14-03-2012 10:56pm)THEMACS Wrote:  All this talk surprises me, from what I understand, the quality of the freelander 2 is very good as are all the other LR products, so why should the Evoque be any different, it surely must be at least as good if not better than the freelander and I don't believe they fall to bits after 3 years!

Really hope that you are right! DT
15-03-2012 12:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

Dont get me wrong I think the quality is very good, like the metal trim in the steering wheel as oppose to plastic. I think its just because its brand new any tiny marks are easily noticed I still love it and its the best car Ive ever owned

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
15-03-2012 08:46am
WorldTraveler

(14-03-2012 06:53pm)musher Wrote:  Is it me or am I just unlucky!!

Today for the first time since the arrival of my new toy, I thought I would give it a little TLC, so being the OCD freak that I am, decided to give it a clean although it to be honest, it never needed one. Anyway whilst cleaning the inside, I've come across several marks and scratches on the plastics and a couple of annoying marks around the dash area which, I can't get rid off. It's not until you really start to look and pay a bit more attention to detail that you discover these annoying things and by the time you do, it's to late to take it back to the dealer and complain as or they will say is that the marks were not there when they had it. What I also noticed is some of the plastics look a feel like they have been put together by a 5 year old and my apologies to all those with 5 year old children.

My point is, my previous car which I had to sell to purchase my Evoque was a RR Sport and even though it was on a 05 plate, had 2 previous owners before me and was one of the earlier models built, the build quality and fittings were far superior to that of the RRE.

With the money that we have all invested in our beloved Evoques and lets face it they don't come cheap, I would still expect alot more quality for my money.

Forgot to say, still love the car though and wouldn't swap it for anything else at the moment.

Maybe the 2 previous owners of the RR Sport took it back to get all "snags" fixed Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 11:21am by WorldTraveler.)
15-03-2012 11:20am
jrinns

Anyone else have a badly fitted trim on the drivers side a pillar, seems to not be fastened tight with a bigger gap than the passenger side?
15-03-2012 08:39pm
Barneyridge

(15-03-2012 08:39pm)jrinns Wrote:  Anyone else have a badly fitted trim on the drivers side a pillar, seems to not be fastened tight with a bigger gap than the passenger side?

Yep I do, the dealer has ordered a new pillar trim. Waiting on delivery from UK.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
16-03-2012 12:24pm
Vern

Picked mine up yesterday and it is perfect, no blemishes or defects found so far.

Sympathise with you if you have got an issue as would have upset me too.

I even got 2 additional rear number plates, free of charge, for trailers in the boot.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
17-03-2012 10:55am