Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Handbrake Switch: Which side in a RHD vehicle?
Kermit

Handbrake Switch: Which side in a RHD vehicle?

It's on the left in a LHD vehicle; I wonder if it is swapped on a RHD vehicle.
[Image: McGovern10_interview_06.jpg]
18-04-2011 04:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Handbrake Switch: Which side in a RHD vehicle?

Even when you're sitting on the other side, it's not too far to reach. So I doubt they would swap it.

I noticed the same for the Parallel Park button by the way, in the seminar video. It's one of the buttons you would use a lot, and it seems to be on the wrong side for drivers in the UK. At least they're not taking RHD as a standard.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
18-04-2011 07:23am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

LR don't appear to swop the location of the EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) on the other models and AFAIK nobody has complained that it isn't right for any market. I would imagine that the fact that the Park Assist Button to the right or the left of the screen won't bother too many people. At least it isn't an awkward lever like the Volvo C30 has.

I have specced it as part of the Lux pack but I would find it hard to recall the last time I parked on the street and had to parallel park, I usually park in secure/ multistorey carparking in town not on the street and I don't recall ever having had to parallel park in any multistorey either.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 08:59am by XFullFatTim.)
18-04-2011 08:58am
Blackseries

The design of the dash does lend itself to being switched for RHD markets and if you look at the Park Assist video - you see that they have indeed swapped the brake switch over.

It’s nice to be buying a car where the RHD market has been considered from the start. One reason it didn't buy a previous generation 5 Series was the fact that the windscreen wipers swept the screen for LHD. I was not going to pay £40K for a car to be reminded every time it rained that BMW don't think as the driver I deserve to look out of a clear windscreen.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
18-04-2011 09:15am
vision*R

You're right, they did switch the hand brake.
Now I don't get why they didn't switch the nav buttons as well... should have been even more simple as it's just a sticker.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
18-04-2011 09:53am