Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on
pymikey

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on

(15-12-2016 04:48pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I believe it does, the last digit is the pin number, <unit no>-<pin> so the top wire is on pin 3.

Okay - I'll look this evening and see what I can figure out! I assume not having DRLs would mean I probably wouldn't have a wire to that pin. Looks like that should be either pin 4 or pin 16.
15-12-2016 06:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Halogen to Xenon conversion, can't get DRLs to turn on when headlights aren't on

(15-12-2016 05:59pm)mrfleurs Wrote:  i'd love to do this to my 62 plate evoque - does anyone know if there is surefire way of getting right first time without too much trouble???
yep swap the car to a newer model Laughing

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
15-12-2016 07:25pm
PJRComputerSolutions

(14-12-2016 10:13pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I have this which may help

Hi Phil,

I take it that Wiring Diagram is from Topix? What MY, Does the Wiring Diagram cover??
15-12-2016 10:52pm
mrfleurs

(15-12-2016 07:25pm)bee Wrote:  yep swap the car to a newer model Laughing

Give me 15 grand and I will Very Happy
Aside from that happening, anyone got any technical input on this???
16-12-2016 03:18pm
PhilSkill

Hi

It's stuff I've picked up from the web in my years researching. But I think this is the same as available on Topix.

Image states VIN 706084 on

Also here's one for the adaptive headlamps

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-12-2016 04:55pm
PJRComputerSolutions

Cheers Phil,

According to the Powerfulukltd Video on Wiring the DRL LED's into the existing RHS Headlight loom, then your Wiring Diagram with Pinouts, correspond to his PDF...Which is handy to know....But doesn't help with OP with his query!!!!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-12-2016 06:31pm
Lefix

Let's keep this thread rolling, I'm a new evoque owner and am very interested in doing this!
18-12-2016 06:40am
dastwigster

I have worked on this and have a solution, its a bit long winded but not complicated or expensive. if anyone would like the info please let me know
12-11-2017 09:46pm
335i

Whats the solution? The gaptool was the biggest waste of money in the world.

I have 14 evoque and bought hid lights everything worked great besides the DRL. I gave up and this was about two years ago. Lights are still going strong just no DRL.

Would love the secret to enable DRL.

Also anyone reading please NEVER buy gaptool is the biggest waste of money. I believe my unit ran me 600-700 and the support kept dragging my questions, and eventually bricked the unit itself.
26-12-2017 06:19am
sasdiscos

Just a side thing but still on topic, I have the drl's but always wanted the static bending lights, if a set of afs were fitted to mine would the static bend work, not bothered about the adaptive part, just the bending lights????

Really miss that feature from the ffrr and the discovery.

Steve
27-12-2017 06:44pm