Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halogen to HID is it possible?
Smoftah

RE: Halogen to HID is it possible?

(22-09-2014 10:52am)Kugaman1 Wrote:  Wow!! Installing and coding at £650 plus vat seems very expensive.... Any idea what they did coding wise?

I can get some lights for a similar price to you and can easily install myself, its just the coding side thats the problem!

It is very expensive but they would not give away as to any clues as to what they were doing to the car.

The lights actually work all the time correctly if you put the car in gear first ( Mines an automatic ) then you can start the lights straight up and they never go out.

If you turn on the lights before you put it in gear that is when you get the problem.

So you could fit them and just make sure you put the car in gear before you turn on the lights and not bother with the expensive coding.
22-09-2014 06:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kugaman1

(22-09-2014 06:41pm)Smoftah Wrote:  It is very expensive but they would not give away as to any clues as to what they were doing to the car.

The lights actually work all the time correctly if you put the car in gear first ( Mines an automatic ) then you can start the lights straight up and they never go out.

If you turn on the lights before you put it in gear that is when you get the problem.

So you could fit them and just make sure you put the car in gear before you turn on the lights and not bother with the expensive coding.

Wow, thats handy to know, thank you!!
22-09-2014 06:55pm
bangsters

My signature hid headlights have shipped. Its shipping from UK so hopefully i get it by next week. Woyld be nuce if it arrives this friday so i can install over the weekend. Will post on how hard or easy it is to install

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
15-10-2014 07:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

(15-10-2014 07:16pm)bangsters Wrote:  My signature hid headlights have shipped. Its shipping from UK so hopefully i get it by next week. Woyld be nuce if it arrives this friday so i can install over the weekend. Will post on how hard or easy it is to install

cant wait Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
15-10-2014 07:45pm
bangsters

(15-10-2014 07:45pm)bee Wrote:  cant wait Smile

Woot!! They came in. From the looks of it they look brand new (or almost brand new). There is even protection film on the lenses.

Very good purchase for me. The headlights have the original ballast and bulb.

So at this point can anyone give advise? Do I just install them straight up and replace the current headlights? I don't want to cut any wires or modify the rest of the inside of the car.

I'm gonna post pics over the weekend.

EDIT: Upon checking both lights, it appears only the left headlight is good. The other headlight had a broken corner and some other broken bits. Sad

Trying to contact seller to get this resolved.

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2014 01:33am by bangsters.)
17-10-2014 05:06am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply