Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halewood visit
Rossy100

Halewood visit

Hi all

Been today on the factory tour and experience drive at Halewood. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone as was fascinating. A few points you may be interested in....

Factory was open over holiday period and they are looking to up production with all areas moving to 3 shifts (24/7)
Currently 70%+ cars are going overseas - saw lots of cars built for US and China, and majority were left hand drive.
Loads of Evoques in car parks waiting for transporters
Most common colour was definitely white, followed in order by silver, Firenze, OG, and surprisingly Galway green! Saw far less black than I had thought would
Looked like they taking QA very seriously with lots of testing visible
Saw a few cars parked up which were built but missing a few parts - tour guide commented that the number of such cars was now vastly reduced.

The off road drive was great and really showed off what the car could do (was an SD4 auto prestige Lux). Instructor was fantastic and went out of his way to ensure I experienced car to the full...... E.g. Letting me have a drive 'on road' and try out park assist, and even emergency braking using EPB!

Will have a think and add anything else I remember that may be of interest!
03-01-2012 09:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Halewood visit

(03-01-2012 09:34pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Hi all

Been today on the factory tour and experience drive at Halewood. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone as was fascinating. A few points you may be interested in....

Factory was open over holiday period and they are looking to up production with all areas moving to 3 shifts (24/7)
Currently 70%+ cars are going overseas - saw lots of cars built for US and China, and majority were left hand drive.
Most common colour was definitely white, followed in order by silver, Firenze, OG, and surprisingly Galway green! Saw far less black than I had thought would
Saw a few cars parked up which were built but missing a few parts - tour guide commented that the number of such cars was now vastly reduced.

The off road drive was great and really showed off what the car could do (was an SD4 auto prestige Lux). Instructor was fantastic and went out of his way to ensure I experienced car to the full...... E.g. Letting me have a drive 'on road' and try out park assist, and even emergency braking using EPB!

When did you book it, and could you specify when you could go or did the factory say when?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 09:41pm by Evo-king.)
03-01-2012 09:40pm
pureevoque

Emergency with epb?

What you flick the switch to emergency stop ?

Intrigued!

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
03-01-2012 09:44pm
Rossy100

Halewood visit

I booked it less than 3 weeks ago. They gave me a selection of available dates and there are 2 slots per day (I think around 9am and 1.30pm). Spent nearly 2hrs in factory and around 1.5hrs on drive. We (me and Mrs) were only people they had in today and so I think got a little extra time.
Yep. If you pull and hold on EPB when driving it automatically applies the brakes and slows car down... So could be used for emergency stop!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2012 09:47pm by Rossy100.)
03-01-2012 09:46pm
Evo-king

(03-01-2012 09:46pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  I booked it less than 3 weeks ago. They gave me a selection of available dates and there are 2 slots per day (I think around 9am and 1.30pm). Spent nearly 2hrs in factory and around 1.5hrs on drive. We (me and Mrs) were only people they had in today and so I think got a little extra time.
Yep. If you pull and hold on EPB when driving it automatically applies the brakes and slows car down... So could be used for emergency stop!

Thanks for that as I'm hoping to go when mine is in build.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-01-2012 09:50pm
abcya

The EPB as an emergency brake was demo'ed on my LR Experience day, so clearly something they want to point out. To my mind it'd be useful for the front seat passenger if the driver passed out, but can't imagine the driver using it.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
03-01-2012 10:42pm
benzina

(03-01-2012 09:34pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Hi all

I'd say mine was in that lot you saw waiting for the transporters, as i got my VIN number about 22/12/11,and it still has'nt appeared on Topix.

Rossy100...how long does it take for a car to be built from 0 - completion?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 01:31am by benzina.)
04-01-2012 01:30am
defender_uk

(03-01-2012 09:44pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Emergency with epb?

What you flick the switch to emergency stop ?

Intrigued!

you pull the brake on and hold for a real emergency brake. very very effective. You are meant to get the car tested at the dealers after though.....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
04-01-2012 09:18am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

So does anyone know how long it takes to build an Evoque from 0 - completion? I assume the lucky ones who has visited the factory, will know the answer. Thanks in advance.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-01-2012 12:53pm
blacktrees1

(04-01-2012 12:53pm)benzina Wrote:  So does anyone know how long it takes to build an Evoque from 0 - completion? I assume the lucky ones who has visited the factory, will know the answer. Thanks in advance.

I was told 13 hours from start to finish... I'll double check next week when i go on the factory tour to see my actual car being built... can't wait !!!Very Happy

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
04-01-2012 02:33pm