Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Had to reject...
Evoqueen

Had to reject...

My original order was placed on November 28, 2014. It was delivered March 27. Without being given a walk-thru at delivery, I first discovered that the headliner was the wrong color on the way to the detailer's shop. A couple of days later, I discovered that the car was delivered without Adaptive Cruise Control. Now a new car has been ordered and my salesman calls to tell me that he cannot order an Evoque Prestige in Barolo Black with a Cirrus Grey interior AND Cirrus Grey headliner. When I informed him of the incorrect colored headliner, he tells me it is correctable. Now he's trying to tell me that it cannot be ordered in that color combination. Why would Land Rover advertise it as possible on the website as such? In any other instance of color-combination restrictions, the site will inform you and have you check a box that you understand. I do not believe the salesman at all, let me say. I feel he is trying to find any way to give me whatever car he can find to get me out of his hair.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
14-04-2015 12:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Had to reject...

Try asking Pete@Land Rover - although he is mainly here for UK members he has been very helpful in pointing members to the right customer services people in their home markets. Regarding the configurator there is a warning that it may not be 100% correct and that you should contact a dealership for the latest spec details.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-04-2015 08:01am
Evoqueen

Thank you for that. It's disheartening to know that one can spend this much on a vehicle and not be allowed to have your personal choices. There are inexpensive cars that have totally happy owners because they are allowed every opportunity to personalize to their heart's content. It is also a bother that, at this level, the website cannot be trusted to be a clear representation. At this point, my first purchase (Chrysler PT Cruiser) was a smoother transaction. I have had one Evoque that needed a new engine altogether and now, I cannot have the build I desire. My foray into luxury car ownership has been an ordeal. Not nearly as enjoyable as I'd imagined.

2016 Evoque HSE Dynamic, Santorini Black with Cirrus Grey interior, coated in Ceramic Pro 9H Very Happy
14-04-2015 11:20pm
Bruno787

(14-04-2015 11:20pm)Evoqueen Wrote:  Thank you for that. It's disheartening to know that one can spend this much on a vehicle and not be allowed to have your personal choices. There are inexpensive cars that have totally happy owners because they are allowed every opportunity to personalize to their heart's content. It is also a bother that, at this level, the website cannot be trusted to be a clear representation. At this point, my first purchase (Chrysler PT Cruiser) was a smoother transaction. I have had one Evoque that needed a new engine altogether and now, I cannot have the build I desire. My foray into luxury car ownership has been an ordeal. Not nearly as enjoyable as I'd imagined.

consider yourself lucky for paying half price of what the rest of the world pays for their Evoques....majority of which also have to contend with whatever is being sold in the showroom floor unless one is willing to wait at least 6 months and pay up front upon ordering Smile

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
15-04-2015 02:53pm
Evoqueen

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/e...or.html@@@

I'm not succeeding with the screenshot. Once you are on this webpage, select "headlining" and you are given three choices of color. My desire is grey interior with grey headlining. I do not understand why that combo is not allowed.

15-04-2015 03:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It shows it as being allowed on my iPad. I also tried the UK configurator http://www.landrover.co.uk and it is for the 2016MY but there is no Barolo Black for 2016MY, but you can have a Cirrus headliner and Cirrus leather with Loire Blue. Sometimes the interior combination isn't allowed with certain exterior colurs so it may be because you specced Barolo, although I'm sure that member The Valeter who has photos of his Pure Tech in Barolo also had the all Cirrus interior.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2015 08:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-04-2015 08:06pm
Evoqueen

The order included Adaptive Cruise Control also but that has to be built into the car. I was ready to compromise on that for the headliner. In the end, the dealer determined the cost of replacing the headliner as exorbitant. While all this was going on, Barolo Black was discontinued. I will be placing my order for a 2016 Evoque soon. Likely, it will be Santorini Black with Cirrus inside. It seems the different models have been renamed, as well, and ACC is only available at the Dynamic level. I'm looking forward to several of the changes, though.

29-05-2015 02:01am
The Valeter

When I ordered my Evoque Pure Tech in Barollo Black for March 2013 collection I ordered Cirrus interior with Cirrus headlining though I too looked one afternoon a week or so after collection & noticed the wrong colour. It was Ivory.

The dealer was very apologetic & I got a 5 year service pack free. To change the headlining requires windscreen removal which I would NOT recommend.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
29-05-2015 02:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqueen

I just got my first notice that Cirrus interior/headliner combo may not be available with HSE Dynamic. I am having a hard time understanding the offering of my choice of colors if it is not going to be my choice of colors. I will have the headliner in Ebony as a second choice but why is the monochrome selection so, seemingly, difficult?

10-06-2015 12:58am
Evoqueen

I finally got the final build and I'm so glad the wait is over. I will never forget how this purchase played out and I am grateful to have the car I wanted to drive. I got a few bonuses with the facelift and new options. I have to get some new baby pictures when it stops raining.

05-02-2016 01:56am