Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP! Stability Control & Gearbox fault! Dealer says no error!!!
Delco

HELP! Stability Control & Gearbox fault! Dealer says no error!!!

Hi,

I have a 2013 RR Evoque SD4 Pure Tech with approx 30,000kms.

I have been getting a Stability Control disabled error on the dash since about 3 weeks ago and the transmission is playing up (not changing gears, very thumpy gear changes. i suspected a bad transmission but they said it was software related.

I have taken it to two dealerships who have had the car for 4 days and 7 days. After the first visit, the car was fine for about a week or two then had similar issues but the problem seemed worse.

Even though I brought the car in the second time with the error on the display, they are claiming everything is ok and no errors are showing when they plug in their diagnostics.

Im starting to get very annoyed cause I absolutley love the car but think I will end up with continuous problems.

Has anyone seen these issues before?

Any advice I could give the dealerships?

Should I take this to Landrover HQ?

I am in Melbourne, Australia, any help/advice would be appreciated! : )
22-05-2015 01:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

RE: HELP! Stability Control & Gearbox fault! Dealer says no error!!!

Hi Delco,

I would certainly suggest not only booking your vehicle back in with your local Land Rover approved retailer, but also raising this with the Customer Relations Team in Australia to advise them of your concern and the booking date so they can ensure the concern is addressed appropriately.

For the contact details for the Australian Customer Relations Team please visit HERE

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
22-05-2015 09:17am
Delco

Thanks for your reply Peter,

Land Rover customer relation shave been involved since Day 1.

I am concerned that the Dealers cant even see the error when they plug in their Diagnostic tool.

The response from dealers has always been:
"We will road test and check"
" We cant see the problem"
"The error does not show up on our diagnostic"
"Its fine now, we have upgraded the software"

As I mentioned earlier in previous post, the second time I brought the car in was with the error displayed on the dash and I left the engine running. so the error would not clear. They told me they upgraded the software, (no version number was mentioned)

Since picking up the Evoque from ULR Melbourne, within 20 minutes, the transmission was again "clunking" when gear changes were made, and there seemed to be a loss of power. Then after another 15 minutes, the Stability Control warning pops up on the cluster.

How does this error not appear on the Dealers diagnostic tool?
23-05-2015 01:18am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Delco

Thank you for your post.

I note your query but would be unable to comment without speaking to the retailer in question to establish their findings. May I suggest raising your query with Land Rover Customer Relations Australia who should be able to investigate and provide a response.

Regards

Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
26-05-2015 09:04am
Paul_NI

@Delco... did you ever get this sorted? mine seems to be doing the same.

Thanks
14-11-2019 12:04pm