Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP NEEDED, cat scratched leather seats
yucca

HELP NEEDED, cat scratched leather seats

So the one night I forget to close the garage door, I also leave one of the car windows open.....big mistake!!!! During the night the cat has jumped in and decided to sharpen his claws on the leathery upholstery on the front two seats. Has this happened to anyone else, what did you do? Is there a fix for it? Is it covered under the car or house insurance. Does anyone want to adopt a cat?

Any comments appreciated..
[Image: cat_scratch.jpg]
30-09-2012 10:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

RE: HELP NEEDED, cat scratched leather seats

Do you have accidental damadge cover on your car insurance as this would probably cover it, but will impact on your no claims bonus.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
30-09-2012 11:12am
whippetman

(30-09-2012 10:44am)yucca Wrote:  So the one night I forget to close the garage door, I also leave one of the car windows open.....big mistake!!!! During the night the cat has jumped in and decided to sharpen his claws on the leathery upholstery on the front two seats. Has this happened to anyone else, what did you do? Is there a fix for it? Is it covered under the car or house insurance. Does anyone want to adopt a cat?

Any comments appreciated..
[Image: cat_scratch.jpg]

Good night pussyEvil
30-09-2012 05:27pm
Bessiebella

Is it your Cat, is it insured, you could claim off that if you or the owner have accident damage
30-09-2012 06:40pm
WB
WB

That looks repairable - find a good local detailed and see if they can do it. Otherwise it depends on your insurance if it's worth claiming or paying for replacement seat base leather covers yourself
30-09-2012 09:57pm
THEMACS

Are those seats off an Evoque? They look very yellow!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
30-09-2012 09:59pm
speary

(30-09-2012 09:59pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Are those seats off an Evoque? They look very yellow!

And also a bit dirty below the damageConfused

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
01-10-2012 08:44am
THEMACS

(01-10-2012 08:44am)speary Wrote:  And also a bit dirty below the damageConfused

My thoughts too thought they were off an old Jag!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
01-10-2012 08:49am
yucca

(30-09-2012 09:59pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Are those seats off an Evoque? They look very yellow!

I'll admit that the seats could probably do with a bit of a clean but yes it is an Evoque Pure and in natural daylight they don't look so yellow.
(30-09-2012 06:40pm)Bessiebella Wrote:  Is it your Cat, is it insured, you could claim off that if you or the owner have accident damage

It is my cat and what we do have is accidental damage cover under the house insurance which has covered the damage he has done to the curtains, dining room chairs, pool table cloth, sofas etc etc (don't know why I bother buying nice things anymore)
I'll have to check to see if the car would be covered by this while it is parked inside.
(30-09-2012 09:57pm)WB Wrote:  That looks repairable - find a good local detailed and see if they can do it. Otherwise it depends on your insurance if it's worth claiming or paying for replacement seat base leather covers yourself

I think this will be the first option to investigate though before claiming on any insurance. To be honest I think I got lucky, it could have been a lot worse and on a lot more of the seats. Where the scratches are now are pretty much out of sight, it is just knowing that they are there which frustrates me.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 09:22am by yucca.)
01-10-2012 09:09am
enigma

I hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with the leather on a settee.

I went to a household name company that sells leather armchairs and settee's, they advised that many of their products need minor rectification prior to delivery.

The gave me the telephone number ( now lost ) of a person that they use to do this.

He come to my house end rectified the problem, he told me that there were not many situations that could not be corrected. He also advised that he does a lot of work with car interiors.

My damage was far worse than yours.

I was a pleasure watching him work, real skill.

The cost was £60.

It may be worth a ring round of your local furniture stores asking for a bit of help.

Good luck
01-10-2012 01:30pm