Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP! Decisions on whether to buy or not....
mocha

HELP! Decisions on whether to buy or not....

Hi All,
I've been reading through these forums the past week or so and have finally decided to make my official post.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my existing vehicle, i've tested the new Merc CLA and recently the Evoque in Malvern.

Budget is approx $55-$65k - Other cars in the mix are Q3 and X1

I went for a test drive of the Evoque and fell in love instantly, however after researching i had a few concerns and hope you guys can assist me in making a decision on what car to buy!.

1. Servicing cost - does anyone have any idea what the costs are involved with servicing these vehicles?
2. Reliability - i've read some horror stories with Landrover in general and why people refuse to buy and basically its the lack of service and high cost of repairing a vehicle if it breaks down. Has anyone had any big issues recently?
3. Corporate Package - does anyone know what benefits you get if your company meets Landrover's corporate program?
4. Depreciation and resale value ?.
5. 2014 Model: With the new updated model just around the corner is it worthwhile to wait?. I'm assuming little discounts would be offered initially.
6. Discounts: Based on the new model what should i be aiming for in terms of discounts?
7. Test drove the SD4 but have been quoted the TD4 - Will I notice any significant differences in power?

I haven't negotiated any pricing yet as I'm testing out the Q3 next week and wasn't ready to buy on the spot.

I've been quoted an rrp of $74k for the following:
5dr TD4 Automatic Pure White

Options:
Sunroof
Clearview Pack
Tech Pack
Parking Aid Front/ Rear
Sat Nav - still deciding whether i need this

From reading this forums there has been significant deals on stock that is already existing in the channel. I recall reading one post where a list car valued over $83k had a drive away price of $65k. - Are these deals common at the moment?

Also on the Landrover ULR website they are running 'financial incentives' anyone know what these deals usually consist of?

Thanks in advance!!
13-10-2013 08:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
karthik.scintillate@gmail.com

RE: HELP! Decisions on whether to buy or not....

(13-10-2013 08:04am)mocha Wrote:  Hi All,
I've been reading through these forums the past week or so and have finally decided to make my official post.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my existing vehicle, i've tested the new Merc CLA and recently the Evoque in Malvern.

Budget is approx $55-$65k - Other cars in the mix are Q3 and X1

I went for a test drive of the Evoque and fell in love instantly, however after researching i had a few concerns and hope you guys can assist me in making a decision on what car to buy!.

1. Servicing cost - does anyone have any idea what the costs are involved with servicing these vehicles?
2. Reliability - i've read some horror stories with Landrover in general and why people refuse to buy and basically its the lack of service and high cost of repairing a vehicle if it breaks down. Has anyone had any big issues recently?
3. Corporate Package - does anyone know what benefits you get if your company meets Landrover's corporate program?
4. Depreciation and resale value ?.
5. 2014 Model: With the new updated model just around the corner is it worthwhile to wait?. I'm assuming little discounts would be offered initially.
6. Discounts: Based on the new model what should i be aiming for in terms of discounts?
7. Test drove the SD4 but have been quoted the TD4 - Will I notice any significant differences in power?

I haven't negotiated any pricing yet as I'm testing out the Q3 next week and wasn't ready to buy on the spot.

I've been quoted an rrp of $74k for the following:
5dr TD4 Automatic Pure White

Options:
Sunroof
Clearview Pack
Tech Pack
Parking Aid Front/ Rear
Sat Nav - still deciding whether i need this

From reading this forums there has been significant deals on stock that is already existing in the channel. I recall reading one post where a list car valued over $83k had a drive away price of $65k. - Are these deals common at the moment?

Also on the Landrover ULR website they are running 'financial incentives' anyone know what these deals usually consist of?

Thanks in advance!!

With the corporate pricing you should get 3 years service (you get 3 free major services, you have to pay for the minor service thats every mid year)

I got this, so I didn't worry much about the servicing costs. I went for base ED4 Manual, as I wanted a manual and wont be taking the car off road too much. I got close to 6k$ off on a stock model.

You should go for the 2014 model if your going for an automatic. Else I would expect you to get a minimum of 8K$ off the price you have been quoted. Thought it should be really more according to me.

Ive used my car for close to 3 months and 3K KMs and loving every bit of it. From what I have read most of the reliability issues have been addressed on the 2013 model.

No idea on the resale value though.

And I stay right next to the Malvern Range Rover show room Smile
13-10-2013 10:17am
BA74

If you are going auto I would wait for the 9speed, if not get a deal in the run out sale. Last time you were getting approx $4k off from LR so $6-8k discount in total? I feel 9 speed will hold value better than auto6.
I would at least get the rear camera too. Portable GPS does not work too well with solar attenuating glass so think about getting as an option. Otherwise good spec.
Good luck you won't regret it!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
14-10-2013 08:24am
mocha

Hi BA74 , are you saying Sat Nav isn't really worthwhile?.
14-10-2013 08:47am
BA74

(14-10-2013 08:47am)mocha Wrote:  Hi BA74 , are you saying Sat Nav isn't really worthwhile?.

It is worth it if you plan to use a gps with any decent frequency. Portable units don't get reception very well through the solar attenuating glass. I wish I added it to my option list.
I also have the Corporate plan which is basically free servicing. Well worth getting if your company is on the list.
BA

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
14-10-2013 09:09am
HeartbreakRidge

(14-10-2013 09:09am)BA74 Wrote:  It is worth it if you plan to use a gps with any decent frequency. Portable units don't get reception very well through the solar attenuating glass. I wish I added it to my option list.

My intention would be to use a portable unit with a GPS antenna located in a more signal friendly area. May not be the most elegant solution, but since my GPS usage is a couple times a month or so, I figure that should serve.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
14-10-2013 04:25pm
Amadeus

Have seen some with the little round gps unit on the roof - doesnt look too out of place.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 10:14pm by Amadeus.)
16-10-2013 10:11pm
mocha

Hi guys,
So after test driven a few other cars im glad to say i'd like to proceed and push forward for a purchase on an evoque.

I'm going to order the diesel TD4 Auto and must have options are;

Tech Pack
Sat Nav
Clearview Pack
Rear Camera

Whats everyones thoughts on what other options are a 'must have'?

I'm dissapointed that i could get blind spot assistance on the base model, can these be retro fitted?.
20-10-2013 09:12am
Mark^^

I would say the powered tailgate is fairly essential, I have said a number of time how unfair it is us poor Aussies have to pay for some many options that are standard in the UK.

Good luck with your purchase.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
20-10-2013 10:56am
mocha

thanks guys.

Has anyone here on the forum put a deposit down for a 2014 model?
21-10-2013 09:32pm