Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guy Salmon LR, Northampton
jim4244

Guy Salmon LR, Northampton

Well how dealerships change. After buying 2 Evoque’s and 3 L494 Sports From here I doubt that we will ever use them again.

Popped in today as Mrs Jim’s Evoque Dynamic is due to be changed in the next couple of months. Her car is a June 2014 with only 22,000 on the clock and was bought new from the dealership. We went in and asked for a trade in against a like for like vehicle. To begin with the trade in price offered actually made us gasp and was way under even what WBAC even offer. Then they worked out a “Special Customer” deal on a new Evoque.

We left feeling very disappointed. On the drive home I spec’d up a car on Carwow and by the time we arrived home had 3 quotes for the same car we had priced up at Guy Salmon for a whooping £3800 cheaper. A quick call to the dealer offering the best price resulted in an increase of £1350 on the trade in price for Mrs Jim’s current car, which is a £5150 better deal than offered by Guy Salmon LR, Northampton.

We are both very, very disappointed and quite angry on how a dealership, who we thought we had a good relationship with can offer us such a crap deal .......

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
04-01-2018 11:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Koidream

RE: Guy Salmon LR, Northampton

So you found out the hard way that a "customer - dealer" relationshup is not the same as a "Dealer - number" relationship.
I have had several dealers from different brands, but the dissapointment with JLR is the biggest of them all.
So, you are not alone...

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
05-01-2018 11:17am
Steve D

I bought my Evoque from them in October 2015 and found them to be the most professional of all the dealers I called. I was dealt with by a blonde woman and she did me a very good deal on the price and threw in a service, years tax, full tank of fuel, rubber mat set, spare wheel kit and delivery to my house about 90 miles away. Funny how dealerships change - its normally senior management that changes and that filters down through the ranks.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2018 09:19am by Steve D.)
05-01-2018 02:11pm
jim4244

You didn’t deal with Susie Brown did you?

Funnily enough they were the best LR dealership I had ever dealt with. However last year the Dealer Principle changed and he immediately brought on all his buddies and installed them as managers. Since then it has been all downhill.........

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
05-01-2018 03:20pm
Steve D

Yes, that’s her. In all my dealings with main dealer salespersons, she was the best one I’d ever dealt with. No messing about with prices going back and forth to the manager to check on prices etc. Straight dealing and straight talking. I would have bought from her at that dealership again if I was in the market for another LR.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
06-01-2018 09:31am
Barton Evoque

Ive been using them for the last 2 year can honestly say i can't fault them so much better than Marshalls at peterboro.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
06-01-2018 01:51pm