Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gtechniq 12 months on
Crabacle

Gtechniq 12 months on

I've had my car for 12 months / 22,000 miles now. Initially the autoglym finish was applied, and I am wondering if there is any point at all after 12 months in having the gtechniq finish applied.

Thoughts please?

Thanks
16-12-2013 01:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Gtechniq 12 months on

I applied gTechniq C1 and Exo in the summer after a great deal of prep, and I can tell you Exo is the most amazing product ever, I've had no tar build up, no Iron fallout, and the water just sheets off the finish. It's been in the dealers a lot recently and even they haven't managed to ruin the coatings effect!

If your AutoGlym Life shine isn't making you smile everytime you wash it, then there's every reason to have gTechniq applied!

It'll probably need a machine polish to prepare the surface and remove any residue of AG that could affect the gTechniq's chance of adhering to the paint's surface properly to get the best job.

Your much cheaper option is to apply C2v3 on top of the AG yoursef after a wash, it will need more regular application but it acts like a fantastic drying and finishing aide.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-12-2013 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

There's nothing wrong with the AutoGlym lifeshine, as long as the product was correctly applied.

A few questions.
1. After you have washed the paint work, does water still bead? If so, save your money for now.
2. Do you want to increase the shine of the paint work ? Only way is polishing, before applying the sealant.
3. Would you DIY ? Two great products which detailers use for the winter months are.
Collinite No:476 & FinishKare Hi-Temp paste wax.
Both will give you over 6 months life, but cost under £20 & the tins will last you for years. Very easy to use, just rub over paint, let it dry & buff off.
4. What colour do you have?

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2013 03:11pm by doug.)
16-12-2013 03:07pm
m_101

the finish kare 1000p paste wax is what is on mine at the moment. It has only been on since July and we haven't had a really bad winter but I washed it 5 days ago and today it was still beading rain on the bonnet. Can't complain too much although next time I might go for something more permanent like Exo.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
16-12-2013 08:21pm
WB
WB

(16-12-2013 02:47pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I applied gTechniq C1 and Exo in the summer after a great deal of prep, and I can tell you Exo is the most amazing product ever, I've had no tar build up, no Iron fallout, and the water just sheets off the finish. It's been in the dealers a lot recently and even they haven't managed to ruin the coatings effect!

If your AutoGlym Life shine isn't making you smile everytime you wash it, then there's every reason to have gTechniq applied!

It'll probably need a machine polish to prepare the surface and remove any residue of AG that could affect the gTechniq's chance of adhering to the paint's surface properly to get the best job.

Your much cheaper option is to apply C2v3 on top of the AG yoursef after a wash, it will need more regular application but it acts like a fantastic drying and finishing aide.

+1

If you do go for the C1 or EXO Gtechniq please ensure it is applied properly as any product needs the right preparation for it to adhere correctly.
18-12-2013 10:19am
finestdetail

Hi Crabacle,

There is no reason why you cant add Gtechniq 1 year on, We detail cars of all ages and condition and as long as your preparation prior to applying is done correctly you will be fine, Exo is a really easy product to apply and the preparation is just as simple, it is just down to what condition the paintwork is as to how it will end up looking, because Gtechniq is a chemical based product it contains no fillers or silicones that alot of waxes or sealants contain, so it wont mask swirl marks or imperfections like silicone/carnubra based coatings will. So for the best results possible I would always recommend a detail prior to application to ensure the paintwork is as flawless as possible, but its down to you!
Very Happy
09-02-2014 08:02pm
MarkA_

Gtechniq 12 months on

@finestsetail where in the country are you based?

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
09-02-2014 08:29pm
finestdetail

(09-02-2014 08:29pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  @finestsetail where in the country are you based?

Hi MarkA

We are based just outside of leeds But have a base in both York and Knaresborough. However we are a nationwide covering company so we travel far and wide!! Where abouts are you based?

Many thanks

Adam
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 08:57pm by finestdetail.)
09-02-2014 08:56pm
Crabacle

I'm based in Skipton. - How much for the treatment please? (PM me if you like)

Thanks
09-02-2014 10:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

Gtechniq 12 months on

I am down in Essex, a bit far methinks unless you have a couple of jobs to do in succession [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
09-02-2014 10:24pm