Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grey "bloom" on inside of front and rear windscreens
doug

RE: Grey "bloom" on inside of front and rear windscreens

(01-10-2013 09:23pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  What I don't understand is why after 2 years ownership and only needing to clean the inside of the glass 3or 4 times suddenly after a change of filter I HAVE to clean it every 2-3 weeks

I thing you have just answered your own question. The new filter

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
01-10-2013 09:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

The cynics view:
Perhaps they didn't change the filter but sprayed it with some oily air freshener stuff and now its all over your windscreen.Evil

The environmentalists view:
Has a new oil refinery / chemical plant opened near you that is pumping crap into the atmosphereShocked

My view:
You are changing your car in a few weeks. Let somebody else worry about itWink

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-10-2013 12:57pm
BFGEvoqueMan

I know exactly what you mean. We have had a Merc SLK as a second car for many years now. We had one of the first 2nd Gen cars in 2005 and I was cleaning the windscreen every week. We swapped the car for a 2007 model and they had changed the dashboard material and I only had to clean it once a month.

I gave the Evoque a good dig out a couple of weeks ago and used Aldi's own window cleaner on the inside of the car (only way to get dog lick marks of the back window) and have not noticed any film coming back on the inside (normally the micro fibre is out every week). Might be worth a go????

Didn't get as much film on my Pure, so maybe it's the leather dash top?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2013 08:11pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
14-10-2013 08:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've had the filter checked at my local garage (non LR) - it was brand new and properly fitted I but still had the problem afterwards. I checked all the vents were clear which they were. I then cleaned the driver's side with Autoglym Glass Cleaner and the passenger side I washed with a microfibre cloth soaked in a bucket of hot water containing some fresh squeezed lemon juice and the hottest water I could stand followed by wiping off with a page of newsprint................. Passenger side has not yet started to show any signs of the bloom coming back after 10 days, the driver's side needed cleaning again after 7 days, so the old wife's remedy worked best and now the insides of all the windows have been done with the hot water and lemon juice method

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-10-2013 11:35pm
IvorRedOne

Use Autoglym Car Glass Polish. Apply with paper cloth (Blue Roll) and wipe off within a few seconds with a soft lint free cloth. Best glass cleaner around. Crystal clear everytime. Been using 20 years. Never had to try anything else.
15-12-2013 10:11pm