Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Greetings from a newbie - plus a few questions.
emrahyalcin

Greetings from a newbie - plus a few questions.

Hello everyone. I'm a Dynamic Evoque Si4 owner from Istanbul and while it took me some time to introduce myself, I fulfilled the obsessive goal of reading almost 190 pages that were posted in all these years. May I say that I now feel more in tune with the car then the LR dealer and service. So thank you all!!

I have a huge problem with the side-view mirrors (the blind-spots they create) and was wondering if anyone decided to retro-fit the 2014 modified pair. The mechanics at the dealer have no idea and offered to "try" it on my car but I kinda want to listen to your insights on this issue. The new mirrors and all accessories (electric motors, lane departure warning, puddle lights, housing) are all sold separately and it seems that the whole thing may cost and arm and a leg but i'm willing to go for it as I almost ran over a big dog while making a left last night.

As for rattles, I went ahead and fixed the rattling speaker on the driver's door (left hand drive vehicle) by fastening the wires but it seems like i have to get the back checked as well. Not totally psyched with the 825 Meridian system, but I sense that part of the insipid sound is caused by the vibration. I also have an annoying rattle coming from the rear-right area but i haven't ridden in the back yet to address the issue.

Adaptive Dynamics is GREAT and coming from a Z4 with awful run-flats I'm very pleased with RR's run flat 20 inches and comfort.

But by far the most annoying thing about the car (and I experienced it on a pitch-dark B-road last weekend) is the lighting quality. I have adaptive headlights but my god they're TERRIBLE!! I will get them checked but I doubt anything's wrong with it. Does anyone else agree on this and has anyone modified or found some sort of solution to improve the brightness and lighting distance?

These are some of the niggles that I have. Other than that I'm happy with the car and I think it's still a very handsome coupe.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Regards,
Emrah
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2014 02:33pm by emrahyalcin.)
30-09-2014 02:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply