Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grand Evoque to be a Range Rover Sport Coupe?
coopak

RE: Grand Evoque to be a Range Rover Sport Coupe?

I'm a little confused. Performance and unique design are usually welcome among Evoque owners...

Is the censuses among more educated car enthusiasts than I that the styling is ostentatious (for essentially a soccer mom car) and the extra power is silly / unnecessary for that frame?
01-04-2016 09:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

(01-04-2016 09:25pm)coopak Wrote:  Is the censuses among more educated car enthusiasts than I that the styling is ostentatious (for essentially a soccer mom car) and the extra power is silly / unnecessary for that frame?
I don't think there is any consensus here coopak Smile However, it looks like the RR will be a quite different looking vehicle than either the BMW or the MB. Who knows, it may take some sales away from BMW and MB buyers, but I doubt it.

I'm interested to hear that Land Rover 'people' wouldn't be seen dead in a Jaguar too. Is that a UK thing?
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 04:33am by Clip.)
01-04-2016 11:17pm
BA74

(01-04-2016 11:17pm)Clip Wrote:  I don't think there is any consensus here coopak Smile However, it looks like the RR will be a quite different looking vehicle than either the BMW or the MB. Who knows, it may take some sales away from BMW and MB buyers, but I doubt it.

I'm interested to hear that Land Rover 'people' wouldn't be seen dead in a Jaguar too. Is that a UK thing?

I completely agree with your edited post @Clip

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 06:02am by BA74.)
02-04-2016 05:58am
Clip

(02-04-2016 05:58am)BA74 Wrote:  I completely agree with your edited post @Clip
Yes, and thanks BA74. I do tend to carried away sometimes and that's just not in the spirit of this great forum and the people here. You'd think I'd know better by now Confused
02-04-2016 07:00am
BA74

Regarding your comment re: Jaguar I also agree that they have work to do to overcome an 'old mans' car image. The E Type and the F Pace will go along way to arrest however I would still buy a RR over a Jag if it was the same under the skin. Time will tell...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
02-04-2016 09:44pm