Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Got some shine today
dandavis1

RE: Got some shine today

Interesting. I've only ever used Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (and now I have a pricey car is then use their Extra Gloss Protection).

I've got a black coupe, keep it on the drive and wash it every couple of weeks (it's a dusty road so even if I don't drive it, passing cars throw-up the dust that then settles on my car).

Wouldn't want to spend a fortune but would like to keep the paintwork looking good so any recommendations will be appreciated!
03-02-2012 03:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

i had just lent my friend my gear for polishing and cleaning his car, its a black BMW X5 which was covered with swirls. when he finished it looked amazing! after the polishing he used a the same product as quattroman for paint cleaning and preparation, Carlack 68 NCP. then instead of using the carlack long life sealant, we put on 2 coats of finish kare hi-temp paste wax 1000p. its basically another sealant.

once all this is done the surface feels super slick and dirt has a hard time sticking, and its easier to clean.

what we have just brought is a detailer from finish kare called 425, which is meant to have some anti static properties.we will use this on our cars and let you know how it fairs, as we also both live near dusty roads and i am hoping with regular use it will help even more.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
03-02-2012 08:35pm
doug

(03-02-2012 03:09pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Interesting. I've only ever used Auto Glym Super Resin Polish (and now I have a pricey car is then use their Extra Gloss Protection).

I've got a black coupe, keep it on the drive and wash it every couple of weeks (it's a dusty road so even if I don't drive it, passing cars throw-up the dust that then settles on my car).

Wouldn't want to spend a fortune but would like to keep the paintwork looking good so any recommendations will be appreciated!

Give this a go
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/colli...d_207.html
It's the best wax around for under £20.
Collinite isn't one of the big players, but all the detailer suppy companies stock it Very Happy
My van is waxed with this, any dirt that sprays on to the paint work almost looks 3D. As it looks like its raised of the paint. Not having the time do fully detail my van each month, this wax still beads after months of driving around the dirtiest road of east anglia.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
03-02-2012 11:58pm