Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got my VIN, but can not track the order
LonnyGer

Got my VIN, but can not track the order

Hey folks,

got the information that my car is build and is waiting at the harbour for the transport to Germany.

I also got the VIN for 3 days now SALVAxxxxxxxxx but if I try to track the order it always says "no records found".

I was wondering now how long it normaly takes until the car gets assigned to a ship?

Hopefully you guys have some informations according to normal waiting time for a ship and the possibility to track my order via VIN.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
07-11-2012 05:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Got my VIN, but can not track the order

I think I had to wait about a week after getting my VIN for details to appear on topix.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-11-2012 06:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

(07-11-2012 06:40pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I think I had to wait about a week after getting my VIN for details to appear on topix.

Ok thank you, good to hear that, I was wondering if something could be wrong with the VIN, but now I can relax and wait Smile.

07-11-2012 06:58pm
smayo

6 days until mine was on TOPIx.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
07-11-2012 11:15pm
Tulabb

(07-11-2012 05:06pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey folks,

got the information that my car is build and is waiting at the harbour for the transport to Germany.

I also got the VIN for 3 days now SALVAxxxxxxxxx but if I try to track the order it always says "no records found".

I was wondering now how long it normaly takes until the car gets assigned to a ship?

Hopefully you guys have some informations according to normal waiting time for a ship and the possibility to track my order via VIN.

The wait is almost over!!
07-11-2012 11:47pm
LonnyGer

(07-11-2012 11:47pm)Tulabb Wrote:  The wait is almost over!!

Thank you! It is just strange, the waiting time wasn't a problem at all until I received the message the car is waiting at the harbour. Laughing

08-11-2012 06:42am
LonnyGer

1 Week has past and it still says: " No records found" :-/

09-11-2012 12:51pm
Tulabb

(07-11-2012 05:06pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey folks,

Good news about mine...it's being built now and he's waiting for the chassis number to show up on the system. Not sure if this is normal but he's expecting to get the car either end of next week or ealy week after!
Salesman will call again next week with another update...Iam guessing he will have the date he will receive the car this time! This final wait seems to take longer than the last 4 months...
09-11-2012 06:57pm
LonnyGer

(09-11-2012 06:57pm)Tulabb Wrote:  Good news about mine...it's being built now and he's waiting for the chassis number to show up on the system. Not sure if this is normal but he's expecting to get the car either end of next week or ealy week after!
Salesman will call again next week with another update...Iam guessing he will have the date he will receive the car this time! This final wait seems to take longer than the last 4 months...

Congrats ! Now you almost at the finish line Very Happy.

My was on topix for some time now, but I always thought topix would be another name for the transport company wilhelmsen (wwl), I'm actually not quite sure if the car is always shipped by wwl even when it just goes down from Southampton a couple of km, because I'm not able to track anything via wwl?

10-11-2012 10:06am
ADZ

(10-11-2012 10:06am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Congrats ! Now you almost at the finish line Very Happy.

My was on topix for some time now, but I always thought topix would be another name for the transport company wilhelmsen (wwl), I'm actually not quite sure if the car is always shipped by wwl even when it just goes down from Southampton a couple of km, because I'm not able to track anything via wwl?

Awesome news. Almost time for you Smile I was also not able to track via wwl. My vehicle was not shipped through this line. Your best bet is to check with the dealer who will know on what ship your car will be. Then you are able to track the actual ship via http://www.marinetraffic.com
Just don't pull your hair out when the ship goes out of range for a few days and imagine all sorts of scenarios. I did...
Have fun watching the progress of your car as it slowly but surely makes its way to you.

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
12-11-2012 09:49am