Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Goodbye
Stevemac1

Goodbye

Well finally the day has come to say goodbye and to no small extent good riddance to the Evoque.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed having it and looking at it but there were too many faults, rattles, creaks, bits falling off and too much time spent in the dealership workshop for me to enjoy the RR experience.

So, goodbye Evoque, goodbye Range Rover, you've lost a repeat customer through poor build quality.

What's the replacement??

Hello Mustang GT Twisted Evil

[URL=http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/frantic_gold/media/image_zpslroohedc.jpeg.html]

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
07-10-2016 04:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Goodbye

Nice going Stevemac, it's a very tempting V8 option, I was in a Mustang tuners only the other week, what a great sound!

Just don't go too far in it... glad you never mentioned the mpg of the Evoque! As I think you will trump even the Evoque's Poor MPG!

Let us know how you get on!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-10-2016 05:10pm
Stevemac1

(07-10-2016 05:10pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Nice going Stevemac, it's a very tempting V8 option, I was in a Mustang tuners only the other week, what a great sound!

Just don't go too far in it... glad you never mentioned the mpg of the Evoque! As I think you will trump even the Evoque's Poor MPG!

Let us know how you get on!

Will do! As for mpg I was getting 30 ish all around town, so far the Stang is running around town at 25... But the sound is worth it!! Very Happy

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
07-10-2016 05:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry that you are leaving us but you can still join in and keep us up to speed with you new steed. Should be an interesting car in the wet and when it snows, but I full agree with your reasons for leaving Land Rover, prices are now crazy and neither quality control nor the quality of fittings / finish matches the price asked for the product.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-10-2016 02:17pm
bigmac3161

Goodbye

Hope u bought a fastback in orange fantastic looking motor and that v8 growl u'd never tire of it. Man u'll have some fun in the wet enjoy.
08-10-2016 04:47pm
redrovor

Cool I have two evoques and I did run the production at Shelby Autos inc I also own a Mustang
Shelby GT !! best of both worlds!!!
08-10-2016 05:51pm
Stevemac1

Cheers guys! For those interested here is the new ride

http://imgur.com/vszsN0F

http://imgur.com/3PT2vBe

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 07:07pm by Stevemac1.)
09-10-2016 07:06pm
Reecey

(09-10-2016 07:06pm)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Cheers guys! For those interested here is the new ride

http://imgur.com/vszsN0F

http://imgur.com/3PT2vBe

Nice looking car. Enjoy

2016 SE Tech, Corris Grey, pano roof, side bars, mudflaps, powered tailgate, reversing camera, privacy glass, 19" wheels
10-10-2016 04:01pm
Barneyridge

Goodbye

I hired a convertible when in Guam last year. It was brand new with only 100 miles on the clock. I think it was a 6 cylinder. I seriously thought about selling the evoque and ordering one, but the waiting list here in Oz is Dec 2017 and also I need roof racks, bit hard for a convertible.. They are selling like hotcakes here in Australia, mainly the V8. We only get the V8 and 4cyl turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-10-2016 02:45am