Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Service from Lookers Park Royal
mark_n

Good Service from Lookers Park Royal

I had my car serviced yesterday by Lookers Park Royal who did a good job. Recommended, and they updated the software in an effort to cure the 3 minute battery warning problem.

I supplied my own oil (which cost me about £35) and that reduced the Lookers bill by a bit less than £100 to make the final cost £310.

Instead of the usual Shell Helix oil, I supplied Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 which is fully synthetic and may help economy by reducing pumping losses. If you are considering supplying your own, you should do the research to make sure you get the right oil for your engine and supply it to the dealer in sealed containers. If, on the other hand, a net saving of £65 is not worth your time and trouble, I'm envious!

The car is going very well, a combination of some decent hard driving to blow away the cob-webs and the engine bedding in nicely after 16000 miles. Makes me wonder whether I should really be changing it though the two main reasons for doing so - lack of overtaking oomph and excessive body roll - still remain, both of which will be addressed in the RRS.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-12-2013 05:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply