Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum
mark_n

RE: Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum

Worth noting the the Cayenne is built alongside the Toureg and Q7 in Bratislava and then shipped to Leipzig by rail where they install the Audi manufactured diesel engine and do just enough work to justify the "Made in Germany" label.

I love my Evoque, not a single problem with it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-07-2012 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leeselee

RE: Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum - my decision to cancel order

I have always had a thought in the back of my mind that I would never own an Evoque. My husband thought this was a stupid notion

When it went quiet on the allocation front with my dealership 5 weeks ago, I asked my husband to put me off the car

we went to other LR dealers and when taking a third and fourth look, noticed some quality/build issues that I was not happy about

the fact that I have no finance in place, as we were waiting for a build date and then try our contacts we have made since seeing the car in February. This made me uneasy, but it is a minor thing.

this weekend I test drove the new RX 450h Lexus, which was fully loaded and impressive, but not for me

My brother who works for BMW told me to stop being a silly one and go and try a X3 Sport.

currently driving a Mercedes, the evoque does not seem to stand up to the same build quality. BMWs do.

since reading this wonderful forum with so many helpful members, the negatives, together with the never ending wait list, has pushed me over the edge.

with all the things I have to have on a car, its a bit more expensive - but I'm going for it. I particularly like the start stop function., which I think the new Freelander has?

so, its goodbye from me too, I'm afraid! Smile

thanks to everyone for your help and great company

I still maintain that the Evoque is one of the best looking cars on the road
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 11:02pm by leeselee.)
08-07-2012 11:01pm
The Valeter

One of my valeting customers has a Cayenne V8 & whilst it is extreemly quick & sounds awsome when I get out f my Evoque into the Cayenne I feel like I am driving a Tank/Bus as it just feels so heavy. They also have an Audi A6 Avant LeMans. I drive them both on the road as well as just maneuvering on the drive ( he uses me to chaeuffeur him) & I find when I get back into the Evoque after driving either of them I am glad to be honest.
The Audi is also noisier & not such a nice ride as my Dynamic Lux..

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 11:10pm by The Valeter.)
08-07-2012 11:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

Well I for one am making no premature judgement call until the winter comes. Bought it for the 4 wheel drive reputation and will look forward to it proving its worth. Was on the m25 on Friday evening in some of the most fowl road conditions I'd ever encountered and was hugely impressed with it's sure footedness.

It's a personal choice as we all know but am wondering whether some may have considered their purchase carefully enough?

However no excuses for poor customer service.

Cars...........what an emotive subject!Rolling Eyes

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
09-07-2012 12:12am
TiTan

(09-07-2012 12:12am)ChuckieB Wrote:  some of the most fowl road conditions I'd ever encountered

Pheasants on the road? Laughing
09-07-2012 01:52am
olde

Goodbye Blacktrees, and your frustrations are duly noted.

After helping folks like mark_n and XFullFatTim compile over 250-improvement requests, one might imagine many other dissatisfied customers.

However, for the most part we see inconsistent Quality Control and a rogue dealer network, as the main causes of disappointment, not the Evoque itself.

OK, so there could have been more honesty about fuel consumption in all that marketing hype... But we are driving a work of art that can regally glide along a highway, plough valiantly through a muddy field, or get valet-parked outside a posh nightclub.

Maybe it is shame that the Evoque is made and maintained by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR). There are a lot of German or Japanese manufacturers more worthy of the Evoque. Instead, JLR seems to be teaching a new generation of buyers that they are not quite ready for them yet.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
09-07-2012 08:43am
taggie149

I'll throw my 2 penneth in for what it's worth..

My wife & i had planned for the Dynamic version for months (the Pure & Prestige we really didn't like the look of) & had finally decided to try & buy a good used one with the Lux pack, we even had a wanted ad in the ads section, however..

The more i kept seeing them in the flesh up close i couldn't help feel that they looked too small / squashed - we finally decided to go for a test drive though as i thought this would put my mind to rest once & for all, as it was my wife that was really the driving force for one i thought to hell with it, if it feels right then we'll join the club so to speak..

Anyway we arranged a test drive & i have to say we both felt quite underwhelmed with it, after all the excitement & build up it was quite a let down.

The Dynamic we went out in was an auto & for a 2.2 felt pretty sluggish, what really put me off more than anything (apart from the reported mpg, although that wasn't such a factor) was the gear change, it seemed to have a mind of it's own & a few times i felt it was "hunting" for which gear to be in, there were rattles coming from the passenger side & the rear window view was in reality too narrow...

I really hope the next generation improve somewhat & i hope they increase the height to make it appear more substantial as i do think the initial shape is beautiful..

To end the story though, we went for a test drive in a Q5 & ended up buying it there & then, it may not have the looks of the Evoque ( i wish it had), but it is a stunning vehicle to drive..

We got the 3.0 S-Line, the gearbox is just fantastic & it pulls like a train - we averaged 36.4 last week on a run to the coats & that was without driving like a "vicar"
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 10:30am by taggie149.)
09-07-2012 10:27am
WB
WB

(09-07-2012 10:27am)taggie149 Wrote:  I'll throw my 2 penneth in for what it's worth..

My wife & i had planned for the Dynamic version for months (the Pure & Prestige we really didn't like the look of) & had finally decided to try & buy a good used one with the Lux pack, we even had a wanted ad in the ads section, however..

The more i kept seeing them in the flesh up close i couldn't help feel that they looked too small / squashed - we finally decided to go for a test drive though as i thought this would put my mind to rest once & for all, as it was my wife that was really the driving force for one i thought to hell with it, if it feels right then we'll join the club so to speak..

Anyway we arranged a test drive & i have to say we both felt quite underwhelmed with it, after all the excitement & build up it was quite a let down.

The Dynamic we went out in was an auto & for a 2.2 felt pretty sluggish, what really put me off more than anything (apart from the reported mpg, although that wasn't such a factor) was the gear change, it seemed to have a mind of it's own & a few times i felt it was "hunting" for which gear to be in, there were rattles coming from the passenger side & the rear window view was in reality too narrow...

I really hope the next generation improve somewhat & i hope they increase the height to make it appear more substantial as i do think the initial shape is beautiful..

To end the story though, we went for a test drive in a Q5 & ended up buying it there & then, it may not have the looks of the Evoque ( i wish it had), but it is a stunning vehicle to drive..

We got the 3.0 S-Line, the gearbox is just fantastic & it pulls like a train - we averaged 36.4 last week on a run to the coats & that was without driving like a "vicar"

Couple of comments if I may - the SD4 engine is a very different animal once it has been broken in - ours was very tight when new but now pulls almost as well as my old BMW 330i (having more torque but being a heavier car).

Also you should google Audi fuel consumption - there's lots to indicate the in car fuel consumption readings are a bit "optimistic".
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 10:35am by WB.)
09-07-2012 10:34am
Mudi1

I am really starting to throw mine around now and I find its handling superb, (SD4 auto, prestige with Adaptive Dynamics), no worries about driving through torrents and overnight town tarmac rivers. I am not taking any notice of fuel consumption as i dont want another worry. I feel more confident for the snow/ice etc. that RR's reportedly cope very well in/on.
09-07-2012 02:52pm
brinv8

As a long term Land Rover owner, I've had one or two since the early 80's so know what to expect with the marque, I currently own and run 4/5 Land/Range Rovers. I have driven them over all sorts of terrain in many different climates and countries.
I bought one of the first Freelanders, along with all it's troubles, but over the five year period that we had it, it just sort of got better. My 300 Tdi Discovery we used for over 14years, again a few minor problems, but it just ran and ran. The D4 was the last new LR vehicle before the Evoque, and that was no trouble at all, an exceptional vehicle, which in some terms, I should have kept. But it was just too big for my current requirements, so along came the Evoque, it's been interesting, only a couple of quality issues so far, dealers to sort out this month. The dealers have done everything they could to keep me the client happy, but the fault lies with JLR, their lack of customer care is something else. Like a few people on here, my Evoque was a little tight, and stiff to begin with, but has now started to loosen up and soften, it seems to improve every day and is a pleasure to drive.

Land/Range Rovers like to be driven, they thrive where others fail, but to succeed, they need attention from their owners.

To each there own, but Land Rover owners are a breed apart.

SD4 - Pure, Orkney Grey with Tech and Style Packs, Privy Glass, F&R Mud Flaps, Towing Hitch, Spare Wheel and a few bits more.
09-07-2012 05:00pm