Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum
blacktrees1

Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum

My final post....

On Friday my Evoque was thankfully sold. After a nine month wait before taking delivery and then running it for six months I was pleased to finally sell it.

I'd like to say thanks to the forum members for great information provided that helped during the procurement process. I hope you enjoy your Evoques, it's just not my cup up of tea.

For those considering the Evoque i'll summarise my experience....

I was extremely disappointed in the quality. It spent 8 days in fours months back at the dealers rectifying faults.

The Landrover dealer service team was a disgrace (IMO). After reporting a dashboard rattle, they road tested it for two days and then Informed me it was the cable squid in the steering wheel, and all evoques rattle like that)£43k and it is supposed to rattle... I think not

The Engine/Gearbox combination in the SD4 manual is very poor. I would recommend and wished I'd selected the auto box.

Very Poor fuel economy..6800 miles...avg 31mpg. Enough has been said about this in this forum.

So I'll sign off now and join the Cayenne forum whilst I wait for a September delivery of my Cayenne Diesel. ( I have borrowed one for three days and I averaged 38.6mpg... Smile )

Once again...A great forum with great contributors.

Delivered : SD4 Prestige / LUX / 5 Door / Manual / Orkney Grey / Vibe / Privacy / Style 7 Shadow Chrome / Ordered April 2011 / Built 9th Jan / Delivered 18th Jan Smile
08-07-2012 03:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Good Bye Evoque & Evoque Forum

Thanks for taking the time to say goodbye blacktrees. Hope you enjoy your Cayenne.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-07-2012 03:56pm
Evo-king

It's a shame when someone leaves, but it is all down to personal choice and ownership experience.

The Cayenne is in a much higher price bracket from new, so in a way its a different car.

I do wonder, having read many times now on various forums about dissatisfied customers/owners getting frustrated and selling their Evoque or cancelling their order.

Is this down to the car, the dealership experience, JLR or a misconceived purchase? The Evoque carried a lot of hype prior to production, and maybe expectation exceeded reality.

I guess Blacktrees won't be the last to do this. I bought a Lexus from new a few years ago, in less than 6 months I'd sold it, the car didn't match up to my pre purchase expectations.

Personally, I love mine.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-07-2012 04:19pm
tetstb

Similar experience and shocking dealer service, my Evoque is contract hired through my business and it looks ilke I've been able to offload it so like you , I'm heading back to the Germans and it will either be a Q7 or something of that ilk that replaces it.

The guys on here have in the main been great but the car is a shocking first effort which I'm sure by v2 or v3 will be better but I agree its not worth the money.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
08-07-2012 04:44pm
Straydox

I have a neighbour with a Cayenne (Estate agent.........) and it is a pile of trouble with an arrogant dealer network too - let's hope you have more luck.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
08-07-2012 05:07pm
PhilSkill

I wish you better luck with the Cayenne Blacktrees, I think Porsche have improved a lot recently with VW ownership but you still get good and bad cars in any make. The Evoque is not for everybody, and many will have brought it on the hype without maybe thinking through the why and practicalities of what it is and means to them and their lifestyle.

Very sad if it's the dealer network that let you down, tell them, they should know and aught to listen, I have to say my Mazda dealer have been excellent, with no pretentiousness or glossy marble floors, just good customer focus and sensible prices, LR could learn a lot. Sadly there are other reasons I can never allow myself to buy another Mazda.

My Evoque is great, it's the SD4 Manual, and it drives fantastically.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-07-2012 07:47pm
Straydox

Just reflecting for a moment I've had Audis for more than 10 years - and all have been fine cars. I fancied a change and I expected that the Evoque would be a little rougher around the edges than say the last A5 - and yes it is and I'm not surprised at all. I still like it a lot, respect its capabilities on and off the road and have no desire to change.

Given the iconic lines of the Evoque and it's fashion statement looks there must be quite a few people who bought them on those funky looks alone not realising that underneath the skin its basically a Freelander in drag and a dealer network that isn't quite up to speed in some areas for customer service.

It figures therefore that there will be more grumpy departures....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 08:30pm by Straydox.)
08-07-2012 08:29pm
brough74

Im going to be getting rid of mine as im sick of the quality issues and customer service are a waste as already stated as they have no power to do anything. Im going back to the germans aswell. It was my first proper brand new car aswell, ive had less problems with a £700 banger. So im well peed off to say the least
08-07-2012 08:57pm
J77

Many evoques were bought for the looks and that 'must have' desire without looking in to LRs past, they have never topped any customer satisfaction surveys or reliability surveys, but they are "the best 4x4xfar". I always think of LRs as women they are expensive, temperamental and rattle on and on and on. Laughing what I would say though is I felt my Fl2 was more solid, maybe to do with the weight saving on the evoque.

Good bye and good luck with your new purchase. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 09:36pm by J77.)
08-07-2012 09:35pm
THEMACS

Sorry to hear its not for you and good luck with the VW Laughing

I am not easily pleased but must admit with the exception of the truly awful interior plastics we don't regret our choice one bit. Yes the mpg is crap, god knows how bad ours would be if it were an auto, we are averaging 33 in mixed driving, mainly urban, have had it up to 42 with slow motorway driving

But, we did our longest trip last Thursday we went to Wimbledon and back round trip of 460 miles. Now I didn't hang about either way to say the least and the average speed for the trip was 80 mph including the traffic in London and we averaged just shy of 34 mpg, I think that's pretty good when keeping up a good pace. One thing I noted was it is very quiet and refined at higher speeds, I was suitably impressed Very Happy

As for the gearbox, it's fine except for first gear which is so short, but oce on the move it really is good. I had a couple of RRS come up behind me trying to push me out the way and I left them all behind, obviously they werent petrol onesLaughing

Anyway, everyone is different and each to their own, good luck with your new carVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
08-07-2012 10:19pm