Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Ghost Riders Evoque
Griff449

RE: Ghost Riders Evoque

Itis a MY13 model look at the front grill.

You can also check TOPIX using your chassis number it tells you which model year

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
03-09-2012 08:37am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Every time I see a Black one I like them more BUT not enough to have to wash it so often and to get rid of the swirls in the paintwork after every wash

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 06:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-09-2012 08:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

I owuld love to have a black one but for the same reasons im afraid Sad But they do look the best when clean and polished

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
04-09-2012 08:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghost Rider

Ok so its been a week, my initial thoughts:

Car looks the dogs danglies I love it.
Style 7's great choice they dont show the brake dust just go darker and look more awesome
Really suprised how well it handles ( in dynamic mode) its better than my audi S3 it replaced.
Love driving it on twisty B roads, struggling to get comfy on longer motorway journeys, think its more to do with sitting on the seat rather than in it.
fuel economy......... lets not go there I thinks it been covered before, but didnt buy it to be a super economical mile muncher so cant comlplain
Auto box. Hmmmm not great, perhaps I am used to VAG DSG/ Stronic boxes, S mode is better but it stiill feels like it doesnt know which gear it should be in. I drive most of the time in command shift as I find the auto box too frustrating, has to be my biggest disapointment on the car
Been caught out a couple of times when moving away at junctions and the car has a little think about moving despite the loud pedal being pressed. I think this is again down the rubbish gear box.
I wish it was a bit faster, this had always been the compromise in buying this car. perhaps should have got an SI4. that said 30mph feels painfully slow.
Wish I had ordered keyless entry, electric tailgate, and probably Dynamic plus pack
Stereo is amazing not heard the 825w version but cant see that spending £1000 would give a worthwhile upgrade.
The non square sun visor niggles my OCDness

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
08-09-2012 09:33pm
Daigriff

Great looking car Ghostrider.

Regarding the "auto lag' when moving away this frustrated me when I first had the car and i too used the paddles as i wasnt happy with the auto box, however, just to reassure you after 7000 miles I no longer have the flat spot and the auto box seems to have learnt my style of driving...and have to use the paddles less often.

Now that everything's loosened up it is a far more enjoyable drive and am sure you will find the same.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-09-2012 11:57am
Fieldy

Lovely car, I have an almost identical car on order but mine is a Si4, bring on November! Very Happy
18-09-2012 01:59pm
IKM

(09-09-2012 11:57am)Daigriff Wrote:  Great looking car Ghostrider.

Regarding the "auto lag' when moving away this frustrated me when I first had the car and i too used the paddles as i wasnt happy with the auto box, however, just to reassure you after 7000 miles I no longer have the flat spot and the auto box seems to have learnt my style of driving...and have to use the paddles less often.

Now that everything's loosened up it is a far more enjoyable drive and am sure you will find the same.
Exactly the same as me (identical collection date and just coming up to 7k miles). Still just verging on 32mpg though!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
18-09-2012 02:27pm