Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting my Nuts replaced
barks

Getting my Nuts replaced

Going into the dealer today to get the front end nuts replaced so hopefully no more noise from that area... I mentioned it at my first (13k) service and was told parts had to be sent from the UK...if its a known issue why do LR not have stock here? Anyway about 3 weeks later they're here.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
03-10-2012 09:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
barks

RE: Getting my Nuts replaced

Front end bolts replaced in a very timely manner while I waited..can't say better than that, great service and no more ticking noise from the front end.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
05-10-2012 12:14am
smayo

(03-10-2012 09:26pm)barks Wrote:  if its a known issue why do LR not have stock here? Anyway about 3 weeks later they're here.

This sort of thing is a joke. My last car had a recall, booked it in with plenty of notice and on the day of the work they didn't have the parts it was recalled in to replace.
'Just in time' is one thing, but 'just after' it shouldn't be!

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 09:14am by smayo.)
05-10-2012 09:13am
SEC

(03-10-2012 09:26pm)barks Wrote:  Going into the dealer today to get the front end nuts replaced so hopefully no more noise from that area... I mentioned it at my first (13k) service and was told parts had to be sent from the UK...if its a known issue why do LR not have stock here? Anyway about 3 weeks later they're here.

Hi

I've onlly had my for a few weeks and am still coming to terms with some of the noises it makes.

What exactly did this Nut Problem sound like?

I've got a rattle which I think is coming from the lighting console/ Pano roof control which I've already called them on.

As this is my first 4wd, I'm not if the noises that I hear are the norm for a Diesel or problems to be worried about.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
11-10-2012 01:57am
Kaiser

(03-10-2012 09:26pm)barks Wrote:  Going into the dealer today to get the front end nuts replaced so hopefully no more noise from that area... I mentioned it at my first (13k) service and was told parts had to be sent from the UK...if its a known issue why do LR not have stock here? Anyway about 3 weeks later they're here.

Hi is it like a "tink" or clicking sound when your a steering at low/parking speed???

5 Door manual SD4 Dynamic, Mauritius Blue, Contrast Black Pano' Roof, Style 6, Black interior, Ebony Head liner, Dynamic Tech' Pack, Surround cameras, and Adaptive Dynamics. Cool
(Collected 5 of July 2012)
11-10-2012 02:44am
barks

(11-10-2012 02:44am)Kaiser Wrote:  Hi is it like a "tink" or clicking sound when your a steering at low/parking speed???

Yep that's the sound, really annoying! But all gone now. I agree though, once a problem is known shouldn't the dealers just fix it - and have parts on hand - without being asked

14-10-2012 11:01pm
Barneyridge

Getting my Nuts replaced

Got my nuts replaced yesterday, booked the car on Tuesday, so surprised my dealer had them in stock.
Got my nuts replaced yesterday, booked the car on Tuesday, so surprised my dealer had them in stock.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 03:08am by Barneyridge.)
26-10-2012 03:07am
Biker

(26-10-2012 03:07am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Got my nuts replaced yesterday, booked the car on Tuesday, so surprised my dealer had them in stock.

Sounded like you booked a car at Avis to go to your "dealer" that just so happen to have YOUR nuts in stock. When/where did you lose your nuts to start with? Rolling EyesLaughing

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
27-10-2012 05:30am
Barneyridge

(27-10-2012 05:30am)Biker Wrote:  Sounded like you booked a car at Avis to go to your "dealer" that just so happen to have YOUR nuts in stock. When/where did you lose your nuts to start with? Rolling EyesLaughing

I couldl argue I lost the nuts when my wife turned up in that white dress, hahaha

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-10-2012 10:25pm