Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque battery replacement (USA Model)
moofish

I have an Evoque, 2012 model. I think the battery is going. It's doing weird things like not turning on the interior or puddle lights unless I open, shut and re-open the door. If I lock it, I can't unlock it with the key fob, but the back hatch opens. There is a new battery in the key fob. From the build date, the battery is a minimum 4 yrs old. I think it's time to repace it. However, I'd rather not pay LR to do it, it looks pretty straightforward. However, I noticed on the battery (+) side, a small red tipped lead that goes into the top side of the battery. I'm not sure if an aftermarket battery will have a place for this lead. Does anyone know what this is for and does it need to be connected? I'm not sure if it's part of the Battery Management System or not - I'm not even sure if my model has that since it is gasoline (petrol). Attached pic. This lead does not attach to the wiring that leads to the battery post, but at the top, side of the battery.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 02:45am by moofish.)
08-03-2016 12:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wheels

RE: Evoque battery replacement (USA Model)

Looks like a ventilation hose. Depending on if the new batteri have ventilation, you connect it or not
08-03-2016 06:21am
moofish

RE: Evoque battery replacement (USA Model)

You are correct! Thank you for the information.
13-03-2016 02:08am
a05049

Hi moofish, my battery died one morning unexpectedly and it got replaced AT NO CHARGE by the dealer. I'm in southern California and my evoque was purchased in June 2013.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2016 03:17pm by a05049.)
15-03-2016 03:16pm