Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox help
Redrob

Gearbox help

Came across a fault on the gearbox of my MY13 Dynamic coupe, and I wondered if it's a common problem.
Whilst driving in D, I changed into sports mode and it went into manual it came up on the dash S3, so held the paddle for a couple of seconds to go back to auto, and it changed down to S2.
Go back to Drive and everything is fine, tried to clear it 5 or 6 times, but to no avail.
Has anybody had a similar problem?

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
17-04-2014 06:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Gearbox help

Wasn't aware that holding the paddle for a couple of seconds makes it go back to auto. I have always turned it back to D.
Don't think it a fault though.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-04-2014 09:48am
m_101

RE: Gearbox help

You say it went down to s2, what sort of speed were you doing? in my experience sport seems to hold the engine at higher revs for a given speed and the upshift points are different.
Also it's only holding the upshift paddle that makes it go back to automatic mode.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
18-04-2014 11:14am
Lone Rangerover

(17-04-2014 06:53pm)Redrob Wrote:  Came across a fault on the gearbox of my MY13 Dynamic coupe, and I wondered if it's a common problem.
Whilst driving in D, I changed into sports mode and it went into manual it came up on the dash S3, so held the paddle for a couple of seconds to go back to auto, and it changed down to S2.
Go back to Drive and everything is fine, tried to clear it 5 or 6 times, but to no avail.
Has anybody had a similar problem?

I don't think it's a fault. I think the paddle you probably held down is the downshift one (left one), so it did what it was supposed to do and downshifted.

I notice when you shift from D to S on the fly, it normally selects a higher gear rather than a lower more aggressive one so as to keep the revs lower for a more conservative driving style, and less abrupt shifting.

It's easily solved if you want a more aggressive gear change by doing what you did and downshifting
18-04-2014 06:45pm
Redrob

Land Rover assist came out at 7.30am today to take a look..........and rather embarrassing it was in grass/gravel mode, I must have, sorry I mean my wife must have accidentley pressed the button twice whilst coming out of Dynamic mode.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
18-04-2014 10:33pm
RacingSnake

Laughing Embarrassed

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-04-2014 08:00am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply