Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my dealer being professional
ytshome

RE: Is my dealer being professional

Whilst I'm on here, has anyone been asked for feedback on their delivery experience by Landrover uk rather than just the dealer network?

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-11-2011 06:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

(15-11-2011 04:10pm)mark_n Wrote:  Colin Green, who used to be head of LR UK is gone, moved sideways into some non-job, "Director of dealer operations".

Bloody hell he must have only been in the job 5 minutes...says it allRolling Eyes

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
15-11-2011 06:23pm
swiss tony

absolutley. all lr online training is a dealer requirement. got to be done. but to put things into perspective, how much do customers take in information wise on vehicle hand over? these can take a good couple of hours some times but you probally have peoples attention for 15/30 minutes. did your salesman tell you how to set the clock? can you remember?

dont get me wrong im not condoning the salesmans actions, they are some fairly basic errors. i mean telling the customer to go someplace else to check is shocking.

when somthing goes wrong as things do from time to time you have to be mega carefull to make sure the experience is even better from then onwards cause your in the spotlight from then on even more so.
15-11-2011 06:24pm
ytshome

Hi Swisstony, I thought the same as you and gave allowance for his newness but when I later spoke with the dealer principle he told me that he had been with them a year and before that with other prestige car dealers. He didn't mention the clock but as the whole Physical handover took place in ten minutes and five of that was him trying to reset the satnav that had been set for Belgium rather than the uk.

Don't forget that I drove almost a hundred miles with a car that had the wrong plates on them. A tax disc that showed a second and an insurance policy which showed a third separate registered number, so I was effectively uninsured.

15-11-2011 07:19pm
EVO PUNDITT

(15-11-2011 07:19pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi Swisstony, I thought the same as you and gave allowance for his newness but when I later spoke with the dealer principle he told me that he had been with them a year and before that with other prestige car dealers. He didn't mention the clock but as the whole Physical handover took place in ten minutes and five of that was him trying to reset the satnav that had been set for Belgium rather than the uk.

Don't forget that I drove almost a hundred miles with a car that had the wrong plates on them. A tax disc that showed a second and an insurance policy which showed a third separate registered number, so I was effectively uninsured.

So in reality,isn't it illegal for them to let you take to the roads without full insurance. Had you got done then they would have been in shit,I would think no?

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
15-11-2011 07:28pm
ytshome

(15-11-2011 07:28pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  So in reality,isn't it illegal for them to let you take to the roads without full insurance. Had you got done then they would have been in shit,I would think no?

The problem was that they didn't realise the problem. It was only when I got home my wife asked me to check the insurance which had come the post whilst we were picking the car up and I noticed it was a different numb to the one on the car. When I then checked the tax disc, this one was a third completely different number.

(This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 10:47pm by ytshome.)
15-11-2011 07:32pm
cjfp

(15-11-2011 02:51pm)Pricy147 Wrote:  I had my car registered in my name instead of the mrs's - dont believe that can be changed now without it looking like a change of owner. Also been waiting 10 days now for a price on a tow bar. Also waiting on prices for brakes, discs and tyres.

Not once had a phone call from the dealership since placing my deposit.

Some of the worst customer service I have experienced.

Dealer can get the documents amended without having to show as a change of owner. Merc did this to me by registering a new car in my name when it should have been in SWMBO - pointed it out and they got it all sorted.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
15-11-2011 07:35pm
ED209

(15-11-2011 07:32pm)ytshome Wrote:  The problem was that they didn't alise the problem. It was only when I got home my wife asked me to check the insurance which had come the post whilst we were picking the car up and I noticed it was a different numb to the one on the car. When I then checked the tax disc, this one was a third completely different number.

If the car was the same spec, value etc etc just with the wrong plate on the inusrance would have covered you. Have stopped people in the past who had forgot to tell insurance they had put a private plate on their car, the insurance had the old normal plate details. When i rang the company up they said as it was a simple error not affecting risk in anyway they would still have honoured the policy.
15-11-2011 09:09pm
fam1x

(15-11-2011 02:33pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My dealer tried to undercharge and couldn't figure out why the amount on my invoice was wrong. I had to point out that VAT had gone up to 20%.

Do you know who to write to?

Isn't that a good thing he undercharge your I'd be more than happy if they did that, as mine charged me twice for the same item when I check the final invoice.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
15-11-2011 09:22pm
J77

Seems like a bit of a disaster, my salesman is very good, very into the land rover product. When I went for a test drive I couldn't find him and his colleagues said they hadn't seen him for ages, eventually found him in an evoque swating up on the technology in the car. Thought that was good but did fill my head with alot of useless information that I can't remember.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-11-2011 09:23pm