Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Fault - Select Park Before Engine Stop
apsjohal@yahoo.com

RE: Gearbox Fault - Select Park Before Engine Stop

(27-07-2016 11:44am)owencardew Wrote:  Hi,

Further to my post yesterday regarding replacement part numbers, here is the situation surrounding it, incase anyone wants to chime in and let me know their thoughts. I have read every post on here and on two other forums related to the above error, but i'm still no closer to figuring out what is going on.

According to previous owner, this fault came up after a dead battery. I bought the car, fitted a new sealed battery, but still the error comes up. It is temperamental, and will be on all morning, and all evening, but seems to go off my itself for a while during midday.

I had a battery and alternator test done at the Bosch agents here, and have attached the report. Also checked the Rear View Camera Connectors for water, but nothing visible. May try disconnecting the rear camera completely to see if that does anything as @Cutter7 reported that his camera had caused the same problem...

Did a scan on SDD and it says:

U0101-87 GSMB Lost Communication with TCM: - Missing Message
U0404-82 GSMB Invalid Data received from Gear Shift Module A - Alive/sequence counter incorrect, not updated
U0103-87 GSMB Lost communications with Gear Shift Module A - Missing Message
P1794-92 Battery Voltage Circuit - Performance or incorrect operation

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, that flashing yellow triangle on the dash is driving me crazy...

Br,
Owen
hi mate, have you find a solution for this problem yet?
08-05-2018 12:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mcbrid

Don't know what MY you have but I have had many problems with gear selector units showing faults and even replaced the whole unit at a cost of £1K.

Looking back I reckon this was totally unnecessary and that the faults generated were/still are generated by low voltage from the battery.
I have been told that it takes a run of 10 miles to restore the battery to original before start condition

After the heavy load in winter here in the UK and wifes short trips in the MY12 we have everything started to run down and disengage traction control etc
A few days of giving it a good drive round and an overnight charge up have fixed the issue.

Its an 80Ah battery which seems a bit underrated? for the load that goes through the vehicle.

May not be the same issue for you of course but thought I'd share
08-05-2018 10:43am
apsjohal@yahoo.com

Tnx for sharing mcbrid.
Mine is 2012 si4 and show the message” select park before engine stop” and sometimes if I turn off and start again then the message disappears. I checked the battery after 12 hours of ideal sitting it was on 12V. Do I need a software update??
08-05-2018 07:26pm
kennykk

Yes,it is auxiliary battery fault.
11-10-2019 08:14am
Doody

aux battery. i wrestled with this for a year before it got sorted. new aux battery fixed a lot of sins Wink

2012 Prestige Premium
12-10-2019 02:27pm