Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto

Well 24 hours after our Evoque was trailered away we are still without a courtesy vehicle. Called LR Assist this morning and after being transfered through about three organisations ended up with a company called Proximo who source the vehicles. All I will say at this point is Proximo don't know a lot about customer service.

The alarming thing is if I had not called this morning to chase the courtesy car NOTHING would have been done, it had just been forgotten on the system. I now don't expect to get mobile today.

I feel a call to LR CS coming on - this is not going to end well!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:11pm by Tony.)
26-08-2014 11:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

I agree Tony. I believe that Land Rover really has been a victim of its own success. A few years ago RRS had the reputation of being a footballers or drug dealers car, all that has disappeared with RRS2 and result is 9 month lead in times for one very very expensive car, but they have quality problems too if you go over to RRSport.co.uk However my personnal view is that while they cannot satisfy demand for their cars management have shoved their head in the sand and don't give a fig about improving things that need fixing. It is interesting that Jaguar owners rate their cars very very highly in customer surveys like JD Power, yet Jaguar sales wallow in the doldrums, even great cars like the F Type are being offered with huge discounts and pre-registered in an attempt to entice people into showrooms to buy. On the Jag website you can even "order" a pre-registered F Type to your spec! Jaguar must be hoping and praying that the buying public likes their new baby coming out later this year.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 01:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-08-2014 01:25pm
Tony

(26-08-2014 01:25pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I agree Tony. I believe that Land Rover really has been a victim of its own success. A few years ago RRS had the reputation of being a footballers or drug dealers car, all that has disappeared with RRS2 and result is 9 month lead in times for one very very expensive car, but they have quality problems too if you go over to RRSport.co.uk However my personnal view is that while they cannot satisfy demand for their cars management have shoved their head in the sand and don't give a fig about improving things that need fixing. It is interesting that Jaguar owners rate their cars very very highly in customer surveys like JD Power, yet Jaguar sales wallow in the doldrums, even great cars like the F Type are being offered with huge discounts and pre-registered in an attempt to entice people into showrooms to buy. On the Jag website you can even "order" a pre-registered F Type to your spec! Jaguar must be hoping and praying that the buying public likes their new baby coming out later this year.

I am not sure about owning a Jaguar having spent most of my life living about 25 miles from the factory and my Dad having worked 42 years for BMC, Austin, Rover, Jag etc. They always had a reputation for astronomic devaluation.

We had a good look at the F type roadster earlier in the year, very nice but a new car with a £9.5k discount, wait until its 2 years old and you should be able to pick one up for £20k at that rate.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:12pm by Tony.)
26-08-2014 02:07pm
IKM

I was in 2 minds last year whether to change from 6 spd to a 9 spd auto Evoque. Instead I chose a 3 litre V6 Q5. So far so good. Build quality is excellent. Worth considering it or as Vinny has done a SQ5 (lower ride height).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
26-08-2014 04:16pm
Tony

The LR Assist courtesy car has arrived in the last half hour, it only took them 32 hours after my broken Evoque was towed away.

So what is the courtesy car LR have given me? you may well ask, is it a RRS2 V8 or maybe a FFRR Vogue. Wrong on both counts its a '57 plate VW Polo the inside of which smells like a working mens club.

Thanks LR now we all know how you value your customers.

26-08-2014 07:06pm
Evo-king

Get on to Pete@LRCS tomorrow morning, this is disgusting and shameful.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-08-2014 08:38pm
J77

That's not right. When I got a car from LR assist it was a LR D3 like for like, provided by enterprise.

A 7 year old hire car, no it's not acceptable.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 10:23pm by J77.)
26-08-2014 10:16pm
Tony

(26-08-2014 08:38pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Get on to Pete@LRCS tomorrow morning, this is disgusting and shameful.

Evo, I will be on to LRCS as soon as the dealer calls me to tell me exactly what the gearbox fault is, mechanical, electrical or both. I know Pete gives a first class service to members but I may phone it in unless Pete is reading this and wants to pick it up.

(26-08-2014 10:16pm)J77 Wrote:  That's not right. When I got a car from LR assist it was a LR D3 like for like, provided by enterprise.

A 7 year old hire car, no it's not acceptable.

I will post a photo of said stead tomorrow, pity I can't post the smell as well!! Went out to a meeting tonight and now I have to have my suit cleaned.

26-08-2014 10:31pm
Redrob

That is bad news, I have dealt with Pete in the past and am sure he will get it sorted, good luck.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
26-08-2014 11:35pm
Tony

Hi Pete, you have a pm.

Tony

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:13pm by Tony.)
27-08-2014 08:55am