Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto
The Valeter

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed - DEAR LANDROVER - CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK!

(26-08-2014 08:49am)Tony Wrote:  Tim, stayed because its basically a very good car apart from build quality which by all reports was said to be dramatically improved from the early cars.

My other option probably won't be available until next summer - the third generation 4WD Audi TT auto diesel and I will not order one until I have driven one. The other outsider was the X4, I have now driven a X4 3lt M sport, its powerfull but the engine is harsh and sounds like a tractor on speed, very unrefined, very disappointed. The ride was also poor even on a smooth dual 'A' roads, the salesman did not want us to drive it on 'B' roads, suspect the poor ride was down to run flat tyres. The BMW salesman was also a waste of space, spent all of his time ridiculing the Evoque's poor handling but could not answer simple questions about the X4. I had read the BMW brochure and felt I knew more about the car than him. As for the Evoques handing in Dynamic S mode I love it especially on some of the roads I have access to, travelling west through Glen Shiel being a favorite. Its ability on these sort of roads is the cars saving grace, if only it had the V6 but then I would probably get myself into serious trouble!..

Not sure where we go from here, 21hours after my car was trailered away and I am still without transport. After an initial good response from LR Assist they have so far failed to supply a replacement vehicle.

Sounds like that BMW Salesman was a typical BMW driver = ignorant & arrogant.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
29-08-2014 11:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

What's the latest on the gearbox Tony?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
07-09-2014 02:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - DO NOT BUY THE 9 Speed Auto

(07-09-2014 02:58pm)vinny Wrote:  What's the latest on the gearbox Tony?

We had the car back a week ago Saturday with a 'software update'. On the 125 mile journey home everything worked OK. However, on the five times we have used the car since there have been a number of 'anomalies' in the gear change - holding on to a low gear up to 4500 rpm and when in cruise not changing down when coming to a incline and causing drive-line judder.

Just got back from a run out with a video set up to record problem with it not changing up from a stand still or low speed circa 10mph.

Call to the service manager first thing tomorrow because its not right.

The gearbox is a ZF so should be OK, I expect LR have screwed-up in the software dept. matching it to the engine. Reminds me of Austin Rover in the mid/late 80's when they took a perfectly good Honda and in the process of sticking a Rover badge on it totally screwed the entire car up!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 08:57pm by Tony.)
07-09-2014 03:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I haven't driven my 9 speeder for 3 months but it also used to seem start out in 1st occassionally and held on to it until the limiter forced it to change or I was sympathetic to the new gearbox and used the + paddle to manually shift up a gear. It was only occassional and mostly after stop/start has engaged and I think I might have been over enthusiastic to get my down on the gas before the stop/start gad fully woken up.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 05:26pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-09-2014 05:26pm
Tony

(07-09-2014 05:26pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I haven't driven my 9 speeder for 3 months but it also used to seem start out in 1st occassionally and held on to it until the limiter forced it to change or I was sympathetic to the new gearbox and used the + paddle to manually shift up a gear. It was only occassional and mostly after stop/start has engaged and I think I might have been over enthusiastic to get my down on the gas before the stop/start gad fully woken up.

Up until a week ago Monday it worked fine no complaints whatsoever with the gearchange, this has only happened since.

I will not have any faith in it unless its changed, we are planning an extensive trip down south in November and I will probably hire a car because I cannot trust £50k worth on new Range Rover.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 06:16pm by Tony.)
07-09-2014 05:39pm
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - 9 Speed Auto

Does anyone have access to TOPIX or know if the following notification covers any fixes:

TOPIX SSM 71994-9hp transmission P0795, P07E3, P0893 Faults

I know what the codes refer too, mine previously through up P07E3 - incorrect gearshift from gear 8. There was also some muttering about low fluid pressure which would probably be covered in P0795.

My dealer is trying to tell me my clunky, forgetful gearbox in normal!!

04-10-2014 07:45pm
bee

not good at all. also bad publicity for jlr. hopefully they will just exchange the car for a brand new one, thats been carefully checked out at the factory.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-10-2014 07:56pm
Tony

(04-10-2014 07:56pm)bee Wrote:  not good at all. also bad publicity for jlr. hopefully they will just exchange the car for a brand new one, thats been carefully checked out at the factory.

Tried that, just getting the runaround from the dealer and LRCS - last time I support a British car manufacturer.

It is not going to do the dealer any good, last week I got a very comprehensive customer satisfaction survey through - have not filled it in yet, giving it some thought for maximum impact!

04-10-2014 08:04pm
bee

(04-10-2014 08:04pm)Tony Wrote:  Tried that, just getting the runaround from the dealer and LRCS - last time I support a British car manufacturer.

It is not going to do the dealer any good, last week I got a very comprehensive customer satisfaction survey through - have not filled it in yet, giving it some thought for maximum impact!

yes i recently had a bad experience with a jlr dealer. and eventually hit a brick wall, so i just put it down to experience. Sad
having said that , my hatfields hull dealership is excellent. Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
04-10-2014 08:28pm
markdartj

It seems to me that the LRs manufactured for domestic sales, i.e UK, tend to have more quality problems. I live in US, and have had mine for nearly six months, and no complaints. Had one gearbox fault warning, but brought it in, they reprogrammed it and nothing since. Perhaps the standards for imports to the US are higher, I don't know. As for dealer service, I've no complaints whatsoever, except for the fact that the nearest dealer is 50 miles away. Not their fault. Don't tend to see too many LRs where I live. Lots of Mercs, BMWs, and Porches, though. Even a few Teslas. LR is clearly a niche vehicle here, and I like that. I empathize with your bad experiences, but I couldn't be happier with my car. Perhaps my view will change after a year or two of ownership. I went out on a limb when I purchased the Evoque, trading in my reliable, yet almost boring Toyota (or as some of you say, "Toyoter") Safe reliable cars are ubiquitous here. I guess I decided I didn't want to be part of the herd. Hope you all find something you are happy with. Cheers.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
05-10-2014 07:37am