Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Fault - AGAIN - just when I thought it was going OK!
Tony

RE: Gearbox Fault - AGAIN - just when I thought it was going OK!

Booked in at the dealer next week for 3-4 days so they can do a proper check on cold start-up. Hopefully they will also have time to fix the rattles, the pano blind rattle is sending my BP off the clock Mad.

I will also be talking to the dealer principle about rejecting it if no fix this time, although throughout this process the service dept. have been helpful and sympathetic to the problems.

On the advice of the dealer I contacted LR customer service to log a case, so I guess I am now officially pi55ed off with this car. Even if we get 100% fix they still owe me for 1500 miles worth of diesel (149.9/Lt up here) and a whole load of agro. Let see what happens.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 12:50pm by Tony.)
08-03-2013 12:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lesdon499

Well, blow me - took the car to work this morning, then decided to stop past our local supermarket on the way home. Came back out and car wouldn't start. Got the 3 min warning, and gearbox fault and ECD fault and then nothing. Walked back to work, picked up a battery pack and car started first time.
Took it home (2 miles) hooked it up to trickle charger and battery showing full.

This is the thirdt time this has happend to me and the car has covered 3k miles in a year. I accept issues about useage v charge but cannot compromise on reliability. Will she stay or will she go?

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
08-03-2013 10:16pm
scrannel

Team USA to team UK: it matters not what your trickle charger says. It's the cranking power under load that counts. Thus only a load test will tell the tale. But let me wager... your battery is an historical item. In a CANBUS system batteries going south throw off random error messages. And no, I won't blow you. But your dealer should.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
09-03-2013 01:47am
Filski

Gearbox Fault - AGAIN - just when I thought it was going OK!

What CCA is required for the evoque, can't seem to find that anywhere. I'm looking at a battery pack for camping to charge gopro and other electronics but will also jump start if needed.
09-03-2013 03:01am
Tony

(09-03-2013 01:47am)scrannel Wrote:  Team USA to team UK: it matters not what your trickle charger says. It's the cranking power under load that counts. Thus only a load test will tell the tale. But let me wager... your battery is an historical item. In a CANBUS system batteries going south throw off random error messages. And no, I won't blow you. But your dealer should.

I have discussed a load test with the service manager and it's on their list of actions however I still feel there is a software issue that has not been corrected.

A case has been raised with LR now that I am dissatisfied with the car re: dodgy electrics and general poor build quality.

I live in a remote area the Evoque is our only transport. I fear sooner or later its going to strand us in bad weather and in area where we cannot get a mobile signal and on the day I have to get the wife to hospital.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
09-03-2013 10:21am
lesdon499

(09-03-2013 10:21am)Tony Wrote:  I have discussed a load test with the service manager and it's on their list of actions however I still feel there is a software issue that has not been corrected.

A case has been raised with LR now that I am dissatisfied with the car re: dodgy electrics and general poor build quality.

I live in a remote area the Evoque is our only transport. I fear sooner or later its going to strand us in bad weather and in area where we cannot get a mobile signal and on the day I have to get the wife to hospital.

Tony

Tony

I fired off an email last night to M&D last night and got a response today from Sales Manager. Let me know how it goes for you because likewise I am now cheesed off with being let down for the fourth time. Will wait and see what they come with this week but will not be fobbed off with a new software doiwnload, travel 130 miles, ferry and then some to discover it hasn't worked Evil

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
09-03-2013 10:03pm
scrannel

Tony,

Sorry, I've seen reference to this software update, but what is it designed to do exactly? Thanks

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
10-03-2013 12:26am
lesdon499

Tony
How'd ypu get pn? I got a service , software upload and a new battery. They seemed very confident this would resolve my issue!

cheers

Les

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
15-03-2013 12:49am
Tony

(15-03-2013 12:49am)lesdon499 Wrote:  Tony
How'd ypu get pn? I got a service , software upload and a new battery. They seemed very confident this would resolve my issue!

cheers

Les

Les,

Likewise, software upload (another?) new battery and a new trim panel for the inside of the hatch, old one had broken fixings and was rattling. They had the car for 2 1/2 days attended to everything on the 'list' and at this stage all appears OK but time will tell.

LR Customer Service are due to call me next week to check the work has been done to my satisfaction, so we will see what they offer to offset 14 months agro and 1500 miles trecking to and from the dealer. Expecting the usual fob off which will mean me escalating the complaint to senior management.

To M&Ds credit their customer service was very good.

At this point I will never buy another LR product or British car and this episode has already cost LR two sales to friends/neighbours. One has recently bought a Santa Fe, same kit as the Evoque and £10k less, three years servicing and MOT for the same price as one year on the Evoque, 5 year warrantee. Dynamically not quite in the same league as the Evoque but at least it works.

Tony

(This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 11:00am by Tony.)
15-03-2013 10:25am
Tony

Well less than 7 weeks since 'The Fix' started up this morning and up flashed for half a second 'GEAR BOX FAULT'.

I will see if it shows the warning again over the next few days then its straight to LR Customer Service.

After the last contact they gave me a voucher for £250 as compensation for 1500 miles of taking it back with faults. Do they really think I am going to use this against another of their products!

Tony

01-05-2013 10:39am