Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Fault
cjfp

RE: Gearbox Fault

(01-02-2013 04:13pm)Tony Wrote:  OK just checked the software version via the valet mode button, version is 3316-111019 just the same as before it was serviced.

So question is does the low battery software update not effect this number is the dealer 'being ecconomical with the truth'?

Tony

I had various software updates at my service but my 'version' did not change either. As of yet i dont believe that anyone on here has said that their 'version' has changed after a service - happy to be corrected - so I'm not sure if you can, from this number, say whether software updates have or havent been undertaken.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-02-2013 05:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daiichi

(01-02-2013 09:51am)superfox Wrote:  I've had this issue with my Evoques gearbox over the last couple of months.

Intermittently a fault would flag up indicating I should select park before shutting down the car. Now it's every day !

I'm having trouble with the dealer as they decribed they can't find a logged fault and when I took the car in for inspection it wouldn't fault Mad

Attached photo of the fault on my dash.

Thoughts ? ? ? Shocked

Hi, I am just posting back on an old thread...did anyone here got the solution to this Gearbox Error issue as I just had the same error and went replacing with a brand new battery but the message is still there. Is there something else that I should look at?

SD4 Auto - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Lux - Panoramic Roof - RSE - Meridian Surround System - Black Edition Badge - Xpel PPS - LED Interior
21-06-2015 03:39pm
Sarcastrix

I still get the error when the car 'thinks' the battery is low, for example when doing a cold start (not a problem for you in KL), leaving the lights or radio on for more than 1min. If my car is left for more than 2 weeks it needs a trickle charge Sad

Only thing I can suggest is make sure the new battery is full charged.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-06-2015 07:56pm
bee

had same fault on mine a few times. after second trip to dealer they said faulty gear change module. sorted under warranty, been ok since. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzLaughing

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
21-06-2015 08:04pm
Sarcastrix

Mines out of warranty now so it's a case of live with it, or sell it quick Sad

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
22-06-2015 07:26am
Daiichi

Well...the car is such a beauty...wont you be thinking twice before letting it go...i am sure if the issue is on the gear change module it would not cost a lot...

SD4 Auto - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Lux - Panoramic Roof - RSE - Meridian Surround System - Black Edition Badge - Xpel PPS - LED Interior
22-06-2015 08:02am
owencardew

(21-06-2015 08:04pm)bee Wrote:  had same fault on mine a few times. after second trip to dealer they said faulty gear change module. sorted under warranty, been ok since. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzLaughing

Hi Bee,

Any idea which module they changed? Either the actual Gear Selector Module, or the other one that sits on the top of the gearbox?

I'm having the same issue with mine, however i can normally lose the warning temporarily by switching off the ignition and then restarting the car...

Nearest land rover dealer for me is 2,400km away so i'm hoping to find a workable solution...

Br,
Owen

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
03-08-2016 06:06pm
bee

(03-08-2016 06:06pm)owencardew Wrote:  I think it was under the gear control knob, it didn't take them very long to do.Smile
Hi Bee,

Any idea which module they changed? Either the actual Gear Selector Module, or the other one that sits on the top of the gearbox?

I'm having the same issue with mine, however i can normally lose the warning temporarily by switching off the ignition and then restarting the car...

Nearest land rover dealer for me is 2,400km away so i'm hoping to find a workable solution...

Br,
Owen

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
03-08-2016 06:55pm
owencardew

Hi Bee,

Sorry to be a pest, but any chance you could ask them what the Part Number is? It would save me a 2,400km trip if they could tell us what the part number is......

Very Happy

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
03-08-2016 07:22pm
bee

(03-08-2016 07:22pm)owencardew Wrote:  Hi Bee,

Sorry to be a pest, but any chance you could ask them what the Part Number is? It would save me a 2,400km trip if they could tell us what the part number is......

Very Happy

no sorry it was quite a while since, you could contact dan at duckworths, (duckworthsparts) site sponser.
maybe he could ship the part and advise.

(03-08-2016 07:22pm)owencardew Wrote:  Hi Bee,

Very Happy

no sorry it was quite a while since, you could contact dan at duckworths, (duckworthsparts) site sponser.
maybe he could ship the part and advise. Cool

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 08:20pm by bee.)
03-08-2016 08:19pm