Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Fault
superfox

Gearbox Fault

I've had this issue with my Evoques gearbox over the last couple of months.

Intermittently a fault would flag up indicating I should select park before shutting down the car. Now it's every day !

I'm having trouble with the dealer as they decribed they can't find a logged fault and when I took the car in for inspection it wouldn't fault Mad

Attached photo of the fault on my dash.

Thoughts ? ? ? Shocked

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
01-02-2013 09:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Gearbox Fault

Linked to the low battery charging issue ? - that appears to show up a number of differing faults (but not the one it should!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-02-2013 10:12am
superfox

CJFP

Do you mean to say I could have a low voltage problem with my battery or an output charging problem to the battery?

Can you describe a way I can check that this isn't or is the case?

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
01-02-2013 10:29am
RacingSnake

I had this (and still do), and I have also had the flat battery issue.
There are threads on both this message (which doesnt mean it is a gearbox fault) and the flat battery issue and software update.

Have a search through and get back to your dealer for an update. Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 10:49am by RacingSnake.)
01-02-2013 10:49am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

Gearbox Fault

Last month I had gearbox fault and charge system fault errors showing on the screen.

I called out LRA who traced it to the rear view camera and the fault was water in the camera connector, so they booked it into LR who renewed the camera etc and all is fine now.

[Image: ba2u2egu.jpg]

01-02-2013 10:55am
superfox

Didn't think it was so common Confused

Would you think it could be to do with any upgrades to the lighting ? From the bulb to L.E.D or replacing my tread plates to illuminated?

FOX Rolling Eyes

01-02-2013 11:41am
Sarcastrix

It's a LR what do you - tends to be the unofficial view from dealers when they can't find the fault. I've had loads of errors like that.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
01-02-2013 12:12pm
Shenley

'Cutter7'
Nice average fuel consumption figures - just the same as mine.
Of course ours is a SD4 auto, I take it you have a petrol SI4!!!! You can't possibly be getting those figures from a diesel LaughingLaughing
01-02-2013 12:56pm
Tony

(01-02-2013 10:12am)cjfp Wrote:  Linked to the low battery charging issue ? - that appears to show up a number of differing faults (but not the one it should!)

+1,
I got this yesterday morning at 05:00 when I headed off for the first service, stopped the engine, re started - message again. Tried several time after and could not get it to repeat the message.

Dealer said it was to do with the low battery issue and the software update I was due would fix. Have yet to check what software issue is now showing, will report back later.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-02-2013 01:21pm
Tony

OK just checked the software version via the valet mode button, version is 3316-111019 just the same as before it was serviced.

So question is does the low battery software update not effect this number is the dealer 'being ecconomical with the truth'?

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-02-2013 04:13pm