Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GTechnique products for a new car
Evo-king

RE: GTechnique products for a new car

Nut, I know it's a bit late now, but Rob Earle was giving forum members a fixed discount when you set up an account with them, if you haven't got it, you've got nothing to loose by asking.

Regarding Exo, according to my detailer I was one of the first in the UK to have my Evoque detailed with Exo, my lads car followed suit. As you know applying Exo is temperature dependant, not a problem where you reside though. Anyhow, the shine and water repellence (hydrophobic properties) is better than C1 etc, but I understand C1 is slightly harder.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-10-2012 03:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jojosr

My detailer said, that C1 + EXO is ultimate protection, which give you the hard shield of C1 and shine a water repellence of EXO.
This week I am ordered for complete Gtechniq detailing of my new baby. I will post pictures afterward.

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
13-10-2012 05:50pm
kevoque

Defeats the purpose of c1 why use c1 when Exo does all and both needs to bond to fresh paint so if putting on top of each other ? No need for c1 and Exo to be used together !
13-10-2012 10:47pm
vcanals

C1 for scratch protection (exo does not protect against scratch), then over C1, exo. .
You can check it at Gtechniq website: http://gtechniq.com/shop/
Click on the left side, the red "Compare" button Thumbs Up
These are the combinations:
C1 over coated with C1.5
Gtechniq EXO
Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer
Gtechniq C1.5 Silo Seal
Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal
C1 over coated with EXO
Try all of them and you will see the results Very Happy

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
13-10-2012 11:36pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(13-10-2012 02:22pm)Nut Wrote:  I would have loved to use EXO after reading all the amazing reviews but unfortunately it's not yet available in Australia and due to the fact it comes in a pressurised container it cannot be shipped. We Aussies unfortunately seem confined to the next best thing - C1.5

Who told you that pressurised containers cannot be shipped out to Australia? They are talking absolute rubbish. I work in shipping and we carry bulk shipments under pressure in every single cargo. I think what they were waffling about was airfreight - yes pressurised (aerosols) containers cannot go by plane. So if you want that product get it sent out by surface carrier not airfreight, it will cost you extra as, yes, it is considered a hazardous cargo, but we carry way more dangerous products on our ships than car polishes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 09:35am by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2012 09:35am
jojosr

(13-10-2012 11:36pm)vcanals Wrote:  C1 for scratch protection (exo does not protect against scratch), then over C1, exo. .
You can check it at Gtechniq website: http://gtechniq.com/shop/
Click on the left side, the red "Compare" button Thumbs Up
These are the combinations:
C1 over coated with C1.5
Gtechniq EXO
Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer
Gtechniq C1.5 Silo Seal
Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal
C1 over coated with EXO
Try all of them and you will see the results Very Happy

+1 exactly as you say... Thumbs Up

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
14-10-2012 10:59am
Nut

(14-10-2012 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Who told you that pressurised containers cannot be shipped out to Australia? They are talking absolute rubbish. I work in shipping and we carry bulk shipments under pressure in every single cargo. I think what they were waffling about was airfreight - yes pressurised (aerosols) containers cannot go by plane. So if you want that product get it sent out by surface carrier not airfreight, it will cost you extra as, yes, it is considered a hazardous cargo, but we carry way more dangerous products on our ships than car polishes.

Hey X,

I'm sure I probably could have gotten EXO sent by surface I didn't really look into it that far, I was referring to air transport. It's unfortunate that we are disadvantaged with new products here down under, it always seems that we're months behind the rest of the world. Either way I'm still happy, from what I've read C1.5 is still a great product and when it wears off, however long that may be, then ill apply EXO if its available in Australia.
15-10-2012 08:59am