Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GTechnique products for a new car
Nut

GTechnique products for a new car

Hi guys,

First post! I just picked up my new RRE Dynamic Si4 in Firenze red this week. I'm trying to figure out the best products to put on a brand new paint finish for shine and protection. The car has literally done 400kms so I'd don't need and polishes. I've been browsing the forum and the website but I find it difficult to decipher which of the GTechnique products I need.

Would I be correct in thinking I need the G wash for preparation > C2 > C3 only??

I know the GTechnique products have been covered extensively but any help for a newbie would be much appreciated!

Are there any other products in the range you guys would highly recommend?

Cheers
07-10-2012 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: GTechnique products for a new car

Welcome Nut,

Are you a weekly or just when it's looking dirty washer?

If your just after a products to apply after a good wash, I would go for the C1.5. It's very easy to use, just wipe on,wipe off.

The G wash. It's a shampoo made to be used along side there sealant range. But any good low PH shampoo won't harm wax/sealant as long as the correct dilution is used.

As for There other products. C5 for wheels & G4 for the windscreen are a must have. To be fair it's all good, so buy as much as you can afford Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 07:32pm by doug.)
07-10-2012 10:42am
Evo-king

Just got back from hols, so really need to do the unpacking stuff, but my car has the full GTech treatment and was greeting with bird poo on car, sprayed the C2 Dilution and bird poo just fell off.

There is lots of advise/info re Gtech in the detaling threads.

I'll be back.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-10-2012 11:16am
kevoque

You will need P1 for to correct any scratches or correction needed ! C1 or EXO for nano sealant G1 for the windscreen and if you go for C1 it will do you for the wheels and plastic trim as the same product as C5 just in different bottle
G wash is a great wash advised to top up and get the most out of your Gtechniq !!
Any advise needed pm me and I'll help you out !
Kev
07-10-2012 02:31pm
jojosr

Best protection is C1 + EXO (3-5 years), but the C1 is recomended only to use by profesionals. EXO is brand new, easy to use, good protection (2 years) and it si universal (paint, glass, plexi, trim, leather).
Next week I am going to detailing studio to put Gtechniq all over my car...but it has its price... about 400 EUR.

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
07-10-2012 06:35pm
WB
WB

(07-10-2012 09:54am)Nut Wrote:  Hi guys,

First post! I just picked up my new RRE Dynamic Si4 in Firenze red this week. I'm trying to figure out the best products to put on a brand new paint finish for shine and protection. The car has literally done 400kms so I'd don't need and polishes. I've been browsing the forum and the website but I find it difficult to decipher which of the GTechnique products I need.

Would I be correct in thinking I need the G wash for preparation > C2 > C3 only??

I know the GTechnique products have been covered extensively but any help for a newbie would be much appreciated!

Cheers

If you haven't ordered yet PM me and I can tell you how to get a discount from the very nice folks at Gtechniq.
07-10-2012 06:45pm
jvz567

(07-10-2012 09:54am)Nut Wrote:  Hi guys,

Cheers

EXO seems to be the latest and greatest new kid on the block: http://gtechniq.com/shop/

Also a whole thread on this specific product: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=260615

If I had a new vehicle - this is what I personally would go for. As it is I have quite a few traditional polishes and sealants/waxes I first need to work through...

Congrats though on the new vehicle and hope you will find a detailing product that will do credit to the good paint quality of JLR products.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2012 09:21pm by cjfp.)
07-10-2012 08:46pm
Nut

Thanks for all the replies guys! Much appreciated!

Unfortunately it seems that EXO is not yet available in Australia and ultimatefinish.com does not shop it outside the UK. Anyone know another website that sells this product?

Is EXO the ONLY thing I would need for the paint? It seems like a bit of a wonder product!
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 09:35am by Nut.)
08-10-2012 09:29am
Big G

(08-10-2012 09:29am)Nut Wrote:  Thanks for all the replies guys! Much appreciated!

Unfortunately it seems that EXO is not yet available in Australia and ultimatefinish.com does not shop it outside the UK. Anyone know another website that sells this product?

Is EXO the ONLY thing I would need for the paint? It seems like a bit of a wonder product!

Its all here and more...
http://babyrr.com/forum/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
08-10-2012 02:58pm
Nut

Well thanks to everyone who offered constructive advice.

I thought I'd post this for any other curious new car owners.

I emailed GTechniq direct and here is the advice I was given:

Use P1 first - although it is a brand new car and a polish may not seem warranted it is a good idea to get the surface back to perfect condition and take off any factory spray on fillers that might be hiding imperfections.

Next seal the polish with C1.5 - I don't need to tell you guys how easy this product is to use and the results/reviews seem outstanding.

I've also ordered the glass sealant kit comprising of G1, G2 and G4. With the Australian wet season around the corner this will certainly get a work out. I'll report back on its performance.

Wash with G wash shampoo. pH neutral it won't strip any of the above products off your paintwork.

I also added a bundle of microfibre polishing cloths, a big microfibre drying towel, lambs wool washing mitt and sonus polish applicators to my order.

This might seem like basic advice to some of the seasoned detailers out there but I thought it may help some of the new comers such as myself.

Can't wait for the products to arrive (shipping from the UK was horrendous) and give the new new evoque it's full treatment. What an amazing car! And whilst the products aren't cheap, I think it's a small price to pay for protection of your new AU $90k investment.

I'll report back with photos when the jobs done.

Cheers
Nut
Addit.

I would have loved to use EXO after reading all the amazing reviews but unfortunately it's not yet available in Australia and due to the fact it comes in a pressurised container it cannot be shipped. We Aussies unfortunately seem confined to the next best thing - C1.5
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 02:28pm by Nut.)
13-10-2012 02:22pm