Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GTechniq - what's the benefits and is it worth it?
The Valeter

RE: GTechniq - what's the benefits and is it worth it?

(03-03-2013 11:47am)Donny Dog Wrote:  I'm surprised you're having such poor results with Autoglym. It isn't the best treatment, but it's certainly better than nothing if applied properly (and only your dealer knows that!). Additionally, you've already paid for it, directly or indirectly.

I had the new Evoque and my other car done on a two-for-one basis at my home. The chap spent all day at it, doing a very thorough job, and I have been surprised how good it has actually been. One car sits out all the time and heavy rain leaves it looking cleaner than it was before, and it washes beautifully. I get no glass smearing, and the (Cirrus) upholstery is staying clean. I use the products he left me with (which you should have had a big green bag of as part of your treatment). I can't say that the alloys are any better, but they clean OK.

If your alloys are deteriorating, and you haven't damaged them, take it back and get them to sort it.

If it was done at a dealer/any dealer I doubt if it would have been done properly as they often simply don't have enough time or can't be bothered. Most folk like to have it done at a dealer because they want everything sorted when the car is collected!!
When I do them I go to the customers house

(03-03-2013 12:45pm)Lofty Wrote:  lifeshine for example can be bought for £20 on eBay, that's a nice markup for the dealer.I'm pretty good at looking after my cars but I wouldn't chance applying this new type of coating.Find your self a local detailer who can correct the paintwork and apply GTechnic or similar

I am an authorised Lifeshine applicator & I can fully assure you that you can't buy a full lifeshine kit including warranty for £20. The full pack generally costs just over the £100 mark & you can only buy them from the Lifeshine rep at Autoglym. It is also a form of insurance & that will allways cost money.

Any stuff whether it be Lifeshine, Diamondbrite etc you see on ebay is either stolen or the dealer valeters have taken home part used packs & placed them on ebay.
Even as an authorised Diamonbrite applicator I asked if I could put spare unused products on ebay & was told Definately Not!
(03-03-2013 05:54pm)Evo-king Wrote:  jitenc.

Don't bother with GTechniq, if you are going to use those kinds of cleaning places, either the chemicals they use or the cleaning cloths etc will likely damage your paint.

Use them at your peril.

+1.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 09:00pm by The Valeter.)
05-03-2013 08:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Samson

Crabacle,

Can't recommend GTechniq enough. Had the treatment done over three months ago and with 3,000 miles on the clock, the car looks great. Paint is smooth to the touch as when new. Car resists dirt and is very easy to clean. Some pics attached after a wash - IMHO car looks like new

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
09-03-2013 04:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(05-03-2013 08:50pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Any stuff whether it be Lifeshine, Diamondbrite etc you see on ebay is either stolen or the dealer valeters have taken home part used packs & placed them on ebay.
Even as an authorised Diamonbrite applicator I asked if I could put spare unused products on ebay & was told Definately Not!

+1.

Or the customer has sold the pack left by the valet.
09-03-2013 04:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crabacle

(09-03-2013 04:04pm)Samson Wrote:  Crabacle,

Can't recommend GTechniq enough. Had the treatment done over three months ago and with 3,000 miles on the clock, the car looks great. Paint is smooth to the touch as when new. Car resists dirt and is very easy to clean. Some pics attached after a wash - IMHO car looks like new

Sold - that's what mine should look like after 4 months.
09-03-2013 05:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply