Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuse box in passenger compartment
Barton Evoque

RE: Fuse box in passenger compartment

Fitted a dashcam on mine yesterday fuse 52 is a ignition live for anyone else hard wiring a dash cam.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
08-04-2018 03:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stilolos

I've also hard wired my dash cam to fuse 52 in the glove box fuse box. However I had grounding problems. I read that most people use the right hand nut that holds the fuse box but I didn't get an active ground point there. I had to use the furthest nut to the right (13mm) and then it worked perfectly.
14-04-2018 11:46pm
Stilolos

Okay so now I'm having some power problems. Opening the door powers up the camera but after a while it loses power. Ignition is on and am driving but still no power to the camera. Turn ignition off and lock the car. Open the door then the power is restored again but only for a little bit. I've checked that there is power at the cig lighter and there is. So for some strange reason, I'm getting power but then it doesn't sustain and shuts off. Any ideas anyone?
15-04-2018 10:01pm
PJRComputerSolutions

(15-04-2018 10:01pm)Stilolos Wrote:  Okay so now I'm having some power problems. Opening the door powers up the camera but after a while it loses power. Ignition is on and am driving but still no power to the camera. Turn ignition off and lock the car. Open the door then the power is restored again but only for a little bit. I've checked that there is power at the cig lighter and there is. So for some strange reason, I'm getting power but then it doesn't sustain and shuts off. Any ideas anyone?

What Make of DashCam?

I have a BlackVue DR750S-2CH Fitted to MY2014. The Installer took everything from the Boot-Panel Fusebox....

But, I beleive that if your coming from the Passenger Fusebox, then...

Fuse 66 for constant Live
Fuse 53 for switched Live

Is a Popular Choice?
16-04-2018 12:44pm
Stilolos

Mine is an unbranded cheapo one off eBay but it does the job. Previously it was plugged into the 12v socket and worked perfect but I wanted to free it up so I bought a hardware kit to make it neater. Strangely, I've done some further testing and it seems to lose power only when I start the car. Ignition or just opening the door is fine and it works as it should but as soon as I start the car, it loses power... Then I unplug it and plug it back and it works like normal. Power is still there but something is not right.
18-04-2018 05:16pm