Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth getting extras!
J77

RE: Is it worth getting extras!

Extras are never worth the money and you will never get it back, the point here is if you have the money and it's something you fancy then why not spec it? It's your car and it's for your enjoyment. For me I am not to fussed about used values, although my car isn't specked highly, the enjoyment I get from it money can't buy.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
07-03-2012 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tosh

Speaking of resales....

On collecting mine yesterday my rep has lost his Evoque. The dealer sold their first tranche of demonstrators a month before they were due for renewal (so the buyer had a month wait). 9,000 miles. LIST price

It's one way to jump the queue. I was wondering if I should have ordered 2 and flipped the second Wink

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 09:47pm by Tosh.)
07-03-2012 09:46pm
broady43

(07-03-2012 08:54pm)ceebee Wrote:  We all work hard (hopefully) and pay our taxes (f@&£-/!!) so my view is to get whatever toys you can afford and enjoy them for the time you own the car.

Mine is quite a basic spec pure, with mostly exterior options, but (to me) it looks the business and will do me proud for a few years yet. I would think that the used Evoque Market will remain strong for 2-3 years, but whether or not you lose money the ones with the toys will always sell easier.

Hi ceebee,like you most of my extras are exterior.I love the look of the car and want to make it look a bit different from others and I am sure it will be worth the few extra pounds!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
07-03-2012 09:48pm
SiT

I think its hard to judge whether you ever get the money back on the options you select. On a new car it’s about what you really want throughout your ownership. Coming from an Audi when chair lumbar support is extra..!!! My view is that you may charge only slightly extra come resale, but your car when peoples come a calling will be more saleable to those in the know as opposed to the lightly optioned models.
07-03-2012 11:29pm