Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuji White & Ambiance or Vibe? Just not Spirit...
stef.c

Fuji White & Ambiance or Vibe? Just not Spirit...

Hi All,

Been tearing my hair out trying to decide between the Ambiance and the Vibe interior for my Fuji White Prestige coming in March. This came about after I decided that Spirit just didn't do it for me when I seen it in the flesh. I love tan interiors but I felt that they just didn't get this one quite right. (too many colours, too orangey tan, brown housing for the seats).

My problem is that I really like the feel of the Ambiance but I'm not sure if it goes with white? Think its been said before, but I tend to feel that contrasting interiors always tend to work better. Would white and ivory/beige look odd?

The other option is Verve black, but is the Verve maybe a little run of the mill and ordinary compared to the Ambiance which gives a sense of airiness and luxury? Does it do the interior justice and make it look like a Range Rover? Does any one actually think the black interior is actually better or is it just a 'default' that people tend to go with.

The other deciding factor is that I have two young kids...I'm sure a lot of you will say that the darker interior will be easier to maintain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:21pm by stef.c.)
06-01-2012 02:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mactrack

RE: Fuji White & Ambient or Vibe? Just not Spirit...

Deleted.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 05:32pm by mactrack.)
06-01-2012 02:59pm
stef.c

RE: Fuji White & Ambient or Vibe? Just not Spirit...

(06-01-2012 02:59pm)mactrack Wrote:  Why buy a white Prestige when metallic paint is already included in the price and you don't get a rebate if you choose solid Fuji White? I love the ambience interior and can't decide whether to have Santorini Black or Ipanema Sand.

Thanks for your reply. I don't think the choice of exterior colour comes down to a slight financial benefit or drawback. For me the Fuji colour must stay. I think it really helps to make this car feel iconic and almost defines the look of the car. I know there will be a lot of Fujis out there but I'm willing to put up with that.

It's just deciding on this interior!!! Crying
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:09pm by stef.c.)
06-01-2012 03:06pm
mactrack

RE: Fuji White & Ambiance or Vibe? Just not Spirit...

Deleted.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 02:51pm by mactrack.)
06-01-2012 03:14pm
stef.c

(06-01-2012 03:14pm)mactrack Wrote:  Fair enough it is indeed your money. For me though the only interior which goes with white is black and at this point I would get a white Dynamic instead.

I hear what you're saying. To me (I know not every one will agree) the black in the dynamic does have a more interesting interior, nice textured aluminium, perforated leather etc. I did actually have this on order up until a week or so ago BUT in the end I felt that the exterior of the Prestige was much more closely related to the original LRX concept and for me at least, felt more true to the original idea of the Evoque.
06-01-2012 03:26pm
mactrack

Deleted.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2012 05:31pm by mactrack.)
06-01-2012 03:29pm
LDT

All personal choice, but I think the Ambiance would go with the Fuji. My initial order was Fuji which I changed to Ipanema Sand, both with the light interior. As you have pointed out, many will say there should be a contrast, but go with what you want. I have seen photos of Fuji with Ambiance and to me it looked superb - I can't recall where I saw the photos unfortunately.

If you decide to opt for the Ambiance, with two children, I would arrange leather protection when you take delivery!

Let us know what you finally decide.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
06-01-2012 03:33pm
alibeau

My reply will be of no use to you as I think both interiors are great.

I think that the black would be a good contrast to your Fuji exterior and also far easier to look after than the lighter one but I do think that the lighter one looks more 'interesting' and you would have a real sense of space inside the car....

We have two young children and hubby has a light interior in his car, you just need to be vigilant and treat any marks as they appear... personally I think I would be a bit panicy about having such a light interior....

I have ordered black exterior and black interior so clearly you should take my thoughts with a pinch of salt Laughing

Ali Smile

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
06-01-2012 03:42pm
GibEvoque

I would choose the interior that your happy to sit in. I found the black interior felt more claustrophobic, so have gone for Pursuit on My Fuji dynamic with Ivory headlining. At the end of the day, this is where you spend the majority of your time, so i wouldn't worry about contrasting so much.

Plus seen the lunar interior on a fuji pure and it looked very nice, and not to disimilar to your choice above.

as for maintence, a baby wet wipe is very good at removing stains at any point in time from leather. also you can buy leather protection spray which works well and stops things like blue staining from jeans etc.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
06-01-2012 03:44pm
stef.c

(06-01-2012 03:33pm)LDT Wrote:  All personal choice, but I think the Ambiance would go with the Fuji. My initial order was Fuji which I changed to Ipanema Sand, both with the light interior. As you have pointed out, many will say there should be a contrast, but go with what you want. I have seen photos of Fuji with Ambiance and to me it looked superb - I can't recall where I saw the photos unfortunately.

If you decide to opt for the Ambiance, with two children, I would arrange leather protection when you take delivery!

Let us know what you finally decide.

Thanks LDT. I do think that in all honesty it will probably go and will probably not look odd. I just want to see one in the flesh before I part with my £££ and possibly make a wrong decision!!!

I also just wanted to chuck this debate up there to see if any one could convince me that Vibe isn't dull after all and does suit the car. At the moment its ordered as Vibe. Confused

(06-01-2012 03:44pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  I would choose the interior that your happy to sit in. I found the black interior felt more claustrophobic, so have gone for Pursuit on My Fuji dynamic with Ivory headlining. At the end of the day, this is where you spend the majority of your time, so i wouldn't worry about contrasting so much.

Plus seen the lunar interior on a fuji pure and it looked very nice, and not to disimilar to your choice above.

as for maintence, a baby wet wipe is very good at removing stains at any point in time from leather. also you can buy leather protection spray which works well and stops things like blue staining from jeans etc.

Thanks for your post. I completely understand what your saying. You shouldn't compromise on the interior I guess, simply to make it 'go' with the outside more. BUT. Hmmm. You do have the massive pana roof which floods the interior with light so maybe you can get away with the black as the interior is much brighter? I was also going to go with the black headlining to try and make it more streamline and consistent throughout.

Aaaaargh! I don't know!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:56pm by stef.c.)
06-01-2012 03:46pm