Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
My New Santorini Black Prestige 5 Door
goldenboi79

My New Santorini Black Prestige 5 Door

Hello all!

Yesterday I finally picked up my new 5 door Prestige, and I have to say, I love it! I put 50km on it last night taking it on a test drive out to the suburbs. It definitely catches people's attention and I noticed a few pedestrians and motorists slowing to check it out. In fact as I parked it in my condo's parking lot for the first time, I hadn't got more than 10 steps from the car before someone came up and complimented me on it and and asked about it.

Things I love - The level of detailed craftsmanship and the "little things" like the manual cubby and nice finishing touches. I love the seats - super comfortable and supportive.

Things that I less than love - I can't seem to get the right steering wheel/seat position combination to drive comfortably. If the steering wheel is low enough and the seat high enough to be comfortable, I can't properly see the dash gauges through the wheel.

Things I loathe - One and only one: The bloody American accent on the nav/voice interface. LR seems to think that all North Americans are from the US. It is really odd. Under system languages, there are a list of about 20 languages, from Swedish to Russian, Hungarian to Japanese... but the only "English" listed is US English. This means all the text interface is in American English versus proper English (i.e. Favorites instead of Favourites, etc), and the voice (male or female) speaks in an obnoxious American accent. I have to say, I am really disappointed from a good British company. I have owned many Land Rovers and Jaguars before and they always had a nice soft British accent to them which suited the marque. My Evoque now sounds like my old Ford Sad. I am desperately searching for a way to "enable" proper English in the car, but fear it is a lost cause. Quite disappointed, as Canadians we tend to value the fact that we speak real English versus American.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
01-12-2012 05:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brianthedog

RE: My New Santorini Black Prestige 5 Door

Congratulations.

I am guessing that you have not done much 'park assisting' yet as it was not on your favoUrites list. I was a bit worried mine would hardly get used and/or not work very well (it was the wife's choice) but, for me, it is the best value of all our options. It still amazes me, and anyone who comes along for a ride, beautifully parked every time - straight, right on the kerb and all without any cold sweat - the fear of kerbing those 20"ers. I look for any excuse to use it.

Enjoy and please post some pics.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr in Orkney with Ebony, Black Contrast roof
Pan Roof, Premium interior pack, Park Assist, Shadow Chrome Wheels, Roof Rails
01-12-2012 05:27pm
goldenboi79

Haha - Yes I picked the car up from the dealership late yesterday and just enjoyed driving it so much that I didn't park Wink Today however I have a big day of urban shopping planned, so will certainly get a chance to test out the Park Assist. I hear you on the 20"ers... they are gorgeous and I really don't want to scratch them.

Here are some pics I took at the dealership last night. Sadly it was pitch dark and pouring rain by the time I left, but once the rain lets up, I will try and take some more.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
01-12-2012 05:36pm
Rxa

Congratulations goldeboi, your Evoque looks great, good choice, almost the same spec as mine apart except I got style 7 instead of style 6 wheels. Happy motoring!

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
02-12-2012 12:18am
goldenboi79

Thanks! I spent today running around doing errands and shopping in the city (much more realistic to my regular usage), and it was a treat to use! I used the Park Assist twice and it worked wonderfully. Very happy!

Now to find out how to get rid of that damned american voice!

Vancouver, BC, Canada
02-12-2012 04:42am
SebM

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
03-12-2012 09:59pm