Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel consumption
benzina

RE: Fuel consumption

Done around 15000kms, and my fuel consumption averages are....

City (lots of stop/start low motoring) - 10L/100kms
HWY/Country - 8L /100kms

Best figure seen - 7.3L/100kms

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2012 02:34am by benzina.)
20-12-2012 05:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

best figure I have seen - Mittagong back to King Georges Road exit on the M5, was 5.7L/100

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-12-2012 01:39am
benzina

That's an impressive best figure Barney, and bang on the Official figure given on the Land Rover website for the TD4 Auto "Extra Urban L/100kms (5.7) ... see performance and weights here http://www.landrover.com/au/en/lr/range-...er-evoque/

You would have been in sixth gear for an extended period of time to see that go down so low, but can i ask what speed where you travelling at?

I just got back from a great drive down to the south-west,and it was superb in the Evoque. I think i may have been able to improve my best figure seen just a little more, but i couldn't restrain my right foot for long enough to get my hit from that addictive torque surge.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 01:13pm by benzina.)
22-12-2012 03:01pm
Barneyridge

Benzina, I thought it was impressive too, at one point I was getting 5.4. I was just doing the speed limit back up the Hume highway and then the M5. Parts were 110 other parts were 100. I had it on cruise control and yep in 6th gear. When traveling up the coast,along the pacific highway I never get close to that figure, it is always 7 something.

23-12-2012 09:29pm
Jai

Fuel consumption

Lets talk fuel consumption results over the life of an entire tank, not the imaginary flicker of a low reading on the real time display over a few miles of road we once travelled with a decent tail wind and folded in mirrors! Smile I think saying "omg wow saw 5.x and that's what I got for a whole road!" Is quite irrelevant and only aggrevates everyone who is not getting what the manufacturer claims, which is everyone Wink
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 02:16am by Jai.)
24-12-2012 02:15am
benzina

Jai, this is just a discussion about general fuel consumption for our cars, and if you read back we have all quoted our average fuel consumption figures over the life of a tank/tanks. During such discussion, it is also interesting to know the real world fuel consumption extremes , like how frugal, or how thirsty our engines can be given the right road conditions to test. The more info and understanding,the better (And its interesting!!) Smile
It should be remembered that the artificially perfect rolling road lab conditions used by LD for the fuel consumption figures,is, or should be the only cause of peoples frustrations here,as it is not close to real world motoring conditions... example, wind resistance,road surface etc etc.
With this in mind,and with overall perspective, i'm very happy and content with the fuel consumption of my diesel Evoque.
And just out of interest, the next time i'm out just cruising along in the country and under the right conditions and patience, i'm going to try and beat my best average fuel consumption reading record of 7.3L/100kms.

(This post was last modified: 26-12-2012 06:10am by benzina.)
24-12-2012 03:11am
Jai

Fuel consumption

Ok, sounds like we need to start getting some lorry slip stream stats up Smile who's game? Smile
24-12-2012 04:08am
benzina

Nah....RELAX, it's xmas!! Smile

(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 05:24am by benzina.)
24-12-2012 05:22am
Barneyridge

(24-12-2012 05:22am)benzina Wrote:  Nah....RELAX, it's xmas!! Smile

Have a good one Benzina and Merry Christmas. Hopefully there is a bit of national lampoons Christmas vacation on the idiot box tonight.
(24-12-2012 02:15am)Jai Wrote:  Lets talk fuel consumption results over the life of an entire tank, not the imaginary flicker of a low reading on the real time display over a few miles of road we once travelled with a decent tail wind and folded in mirrors! Smile I think saying "omg wow saw 5.x and that's what I got for a whole road!" Is quite irrelevant and only aggrevates everyone who is not getting what the manufacturer claims, which is everyone Wink

Mate check out post 10, does my 19,000 km average figure help Surprised

(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 07:09am by Barneyridge.)
24-12-2012 07:08am
benzina

(24-12-2012 07:08am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Have a good one Benzina and Merry Christmas. Hopefully there is a bit of national lampoons Christmas vacation on the idiot box tonight.

Likewise Barneyridge, all the best to you too for the xmas break. Yeah, i'll be putting my feet up tonight for sure. Cheers.Smile

24-12-2012 07:38am