Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fuel Cap Tie fault
PhilSkill

Fuel Cap Tie fault

Went to fill up tonight, only to notice the Fuel Cap Tie has aged badly and has almost split in two, hardly the biggest problem in the world, although it has saved me dropping the cap once off the rather tenuous holder, but a bit surprising as my 10 year old Mazda one is just fine and i'm always careful with it. Guess i'm out of warranty so will have to look at doing this myself...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-12-2014 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Fuel Cap Tie fault

Is this the perils of using recycled materials?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-12-2014 09:24pm
PhilSkill

Maybe Evo-King as it seems odd to have cracked and split like that so quickly, Dan has given me a price to replace, Tie comes with a new fuel cap, hardly a bank breaker Laughing and not strictly necessary to fix honestly just saves you dropping it in dirt or leaving it off! Looks to be a simple cut off old and push fit new.

I'd suggest anyone going for their last service under warranty has a look at theirs to see if it's a general materials problem... if so, they can get it replaced before the Warranty runs out.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-12-2014 02:47pm
bee

I notice mine gets twisted up al lot, so I unwind it every so oft, maybe that helps. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
12-12-2014 03:31pm