Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front parking sensors not working in reverse
A1GSS

Front parking sensors not working in reverse

My Front parking sensor beepers are not working when the car is in reverse, the sensors display nearby objects on the screen but no audible alert. They work fine when going forwards. Activation by selection of reverse, or pressing the dash button, works OK. I don't have cameras or any fancy park assist stuff but nothing I do can turn these beepers on.

Is this a "feature"?

RR Evoque 2.0 SE Tech Auto, Loire Blue
Gone: D3 TDV6 Auto, Stornoway, much missed
Gone: FFRR TDV8 Auto, Stornoway, not missed a bit
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 12:43pm by A1GSS.)
21-03-2017 11:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mjab

RE: Front parking sensors not working in reverse

(21-03-2017 11:52am)A1GSS Wrote:  My Front parking sensor beepers are not working when the car is in reverse, the sensors display nearby objects on the screen but no audible alert. They work fine when going forwards. Activation by selection of reverse, or pressing the dash button, works OK. I don't have cameras or any fancy park assist stuff but nothing I do can turn these beepers on.

Is this a "feature"?

Front sensors will only beep when you're moving forward surely ??????????
Why would you need them to beep when you're moving backwards?

If I recall you have to first put the car in reverse then select first gear to activate them and they only work up to a certain speed
21-03-2017 08:29pm
syl

I think mine beep while in reverse, though not sure if it's in the Evoque, the Jaguar or both. Important sometimes when the front end is swinging round close to the gate post when reversing into the drive.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
21-03-2017 09:58pm
PhilSkill

Yep mine beep in reverse definitely! (MY12)

Does the radio volume dip when they should be on? Try adjusting the volume when they should be beeping.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-03-2017 10:32pm
A1GSS

(21-03-2017 08:29pm)mjab Wrote:  Front sensors will only beep when you're moving forward surely ??????????
Why would you need them to beep when you're moving backwards? ...

Thanks for the question marks. All my other cars with sensors have the fronts and rears beeping. If that's a design decision on the Evoque it's stupid.

Example of when it's useful, reverse parking into a parking space - I don't want to hit the car at the front of the space with the front bumper as I swing in backwards.

(21-03-2017 09:58pm)syl Wrote:  I think mine beep while in reverse, though not sure if it's in the Evoque, the Jaguar or both. Important sometimes when the front end is swinging round close to the gate post when reversing into the drive.

Indeed, thank you Thumbs Up

(21-03-2017 10:32pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep mine beep in reverse definitely! (MY12)

Does the radio volume dip when they should be on? Try adjusting the volume when they should be beeping.

The rears beep. No radio on.

(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 11:29pm by A1GSS.)
21-03-2017 11:28pm
Archieboy1

I have a 2014 Dynamic and my front sensors beep when I am in reverse. This is handy as I park next to a wall on the near side so when swinging out it's good to know when I am getting close to it on that side.
22-03-2017 10:10am
A1GSS

Exactly so. Anyway, I've booked it in to have it checked. (along with a load of other small things)

22-03-2017 11:38am
PhilSkill

(21-03-2017 11:28pm)A1GSS Wrote:  The rears beep. No radio on.

I meant my Fronts Beep when in Reverse. The hedge I park front towards sets them off the moment I select reverse!

If you have the radio on, and put the car into a position where the front should beep and select reverse, does the radio volume dip? then if it does try increasing the set volume of the sensors with the Volume knob.

TBH i'm not sure you can adjust the volume of the beeps but it works on other things that interject into the Radio stream like the Sat Nav.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-03-2017 04:24pm
Steve D

I can definately adjust the volume of the reversing beep on mine. Oh, and my fronts work when I'm reversing.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
22-03-2017 08:35pm
A1GSS

(22-03-2017 04:24pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I meant my Fronts Beep when in Reverse. The hedge I park front towards sets them off the moment I select reverse!

If you have the radio on, and put the car into a position where the front should beep and select reverse, does the radio volume dip? then if it does try increasing the set volume of the sensors with the Volume knob.

TBH i'm not sure you can adjust the volume of the beeps but it works on other things that interject into the Radio stream like the Sat Nav.

Oh I see, sorry. I've just tried it. Radio on. Fwd gear, sensors on, loud beep. Vol control does nothing to beep. Select N, still beeping. Select R, beeping goes off.

(22-03-2017 08:35pm)Steve D Wrote:  I can definately adjust the volume of the reversing beep on mine. Oh, and my fronts work when I'm reversing.

Right thanks.

Wonder if this is a change with the model year?

(This post was last modified: 22-03-2017 11:48pm by A1GSS.)
22-03-2017 11:48pm