Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front parking sensors
Tulabb

Front parking sensors

I have had my car for just over a week now and I have a question regarding the front parking sensors.
I noticed the other day driving out of tescos the front parking sensors were beeping because I was too close to the car in front. Since then they don't seem to be beeping automatically if i get too close to the car in front when iam in traffic and I need to press the parking button for them to come on. Is this normal or I need to change the settings so they beep if I get too close to the car in front? I can see if this is on all the time it will annoy most people.
Been 5ft 3 I really rely on the sensors otherwise Iam guess guessing the distance esp in traffic. I drive the car more than my hubby and it just affects me.
Thanks
09-12-2012 04:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Front parking sensors

Sensors only start working when you push the button or put car in reverse (which also switches on front senors until you move forward and get over 10mph when they switch off). Yours sound like they are working correctly, you just need to remember that default is off, so if you drive forward into a parking space you will need to push the button if you want them to work

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 04:51pm by cjfp.)
09-12-2012 04:43pm
QUEEVO

Front parking sensors

Yep - all good. Took me about a day to get into the habit of pressing-to-P... And about the same to switch Auto air intake to Manual closed !

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
10-12-2012 09:50am
speary

RE: Front parking sensors

(09-12-2012 04:40pm)Tulabb Wrote:  I have had my car for just over a week now and I have a question regarding the front parking sensors.
I noticed the other day driving out of tescos the front parking sensors were beeping because I was too close to the car in front. Since then they don't seem to be beeping automatically if i get too close to the car in front when iam in traffic and I need to press the parking button for them to come on. Is this normal or I need to change the settings so they beep if I get too close to the car in front? I can see if this is on all the time it will annoy most people.
Been 5ft 3 I really rely on the sensors otherwise Iam guess guessing the distance esp in traffic. I drive the car more than my hubby and it just affects me.
Thanks

Blimey, you must have been pretty close to the car in front, or were you in a queue

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
10-12-2012 02:36pm